Stuck on turbo boost speed - A515-51G-84SN

2»

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brunohrbarros
    brunohrbarros Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

It shows a message with more recent drivers installed.
    Should I downgrade drivers version?
  • No downgrading of drivers is required.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Is there any service in the task manager that is almost 100% processor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brunohrbarros

Tinkerer

Is there any service in the task manager that is almost 100% processor?

No.. when my notebook is idle and Task Manager shows speed clock at 4.0 GHz, I usually have 1-3% of CPU usage
  • Can you upload a photo from device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brunohrbarros

Tinkerer

Before ThrottleStop

After ThrottleStop

• brunohrbarros

Tinkerer

Another interesting thing.

When I play World of Warcraft in fullscreen mode, CPU fan keeps on all the time.
    When I change to windowed mode, keeping same video configuration, CPU fan turn off and CPU temperature goes down.
  • When you suspend or hibernate, the clock drops even with throttlestop uninstalled.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brunohrbarros

Tinkerer

No. After I hibernate or suspend my computer I have to restart ThrottleStop, because the clock rises again.
  • Do you know the specific date when this problem started happening? You can use a restore point.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brunohrbarros

Tinkerer

I have this problem since I bought my notebook, about 15 days ago
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Have you checked for any restore points available?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brunohrbarros

Tinkerer

Have you checked for any restore points available?
    Not yet
  • Have you downloaded any windows updates recently?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brunohrbarros

Tinkerer

Just 1903 update and Windows Defender virus definition
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>I have this problem since I bought my notebook, about 15 days ago >>>

Try disabling fast startup in ControlPanel's power button app. Then shutdown. Then turn it back on.

Do you know how long your vendor's return merchandise period is for a refund or exchange? I think you should quickly decide on this because an ACER warranty service will probably take longer to resolve.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pasiya
    Pasiya Member Posts: 4 New User
    I also have a similar issue here..my laptop model is Acer A515 54G with corei5 10210U with Mx250..bios version is 1.21..my cpu idles at 2.5 - 3.9 Ghz even in balanced mode. If i limit the maximum cpu state to 99%, then cpu idles at 0.8Ghz..my question is why cpu idles at so high speed(2.5 to 3.9 Ghz) even there is no processes..(cpu utilization is usually 1 or 2%..
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Edit ControlPanel's balanced mode. Click advanced power settings. In the box that pops up, click processor power management. Set min processor states to 5%. Click max processor states to 50%. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ