Chromebook and HP printer will not work together when it was fine 2 days ago?

ffsinsac
ffsinsac Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have had a Chromebook since fall and it has been set to print at our HP printer in the office.  On Tuesday it stopped printing to the printer.  I have tried rebooting everything from the internet, the printer and the laptop with no luck.  Have tried uninstalling the printer and then adding it back...Still nothing.  The other chromebook laptop user in the office is fine.  Any ideas?

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, @ffsinsac Try a hardreset on the device and check if it works. 
    1) Press both refresh button and power button for 5 seconds then turn the device on and check.
    Refresh button would be the fourth key from top left corner.
  • ffsinsac
    ffsinsac Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for the help.  It seems to be doing better on its own this week.  But I will keep this reference for in the future should anyone of us Chromebook users in the office have issues again.
  • louis027
    louis027 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
     I also encountered the offline problem with my hp printer. I was running Chromebook and hp printer for the last two years. a few days ago, When I tried to print the documents at the same time, I noticed I was unable to print any copy due to hp printer offline error. I tried to resolve it but I had failed every time. If anyone suffering this kind of error please help to fix it.