Erxc Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

So I just ordered a brand new computer. Here are the specs:

Acer E-15 e5-576g-5762

8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U, 1.6GHz, with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz

Nvidia GeForce MX150 with 2 GB VRAM

8 GB RAM

256 GB SSD

I've seen reviews of this computer and although it isn't a BEAST computer that can handle all games, the reviews I watched showed people using this same exact computer, same model, same specs playing the likes of AAA games with around 50-60 FPS. But when I play games like for example, Minecraft, the first game I tested out on this computer, which should run on this computer perfectly fine, I'm getting 30-50 FPS max. That doesn't seem right to me. The computer is brand new as of today and I've updated it with all the latest windows updates, my Nvidia drivers are up to date as well.

Can somebody please help me and figure out why my FPS is so low? Did I miss something? Is there something I need to install? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Erxc !

For your system to achieve maximum performance, some points must be noted:

1- all drivers and windows must be properly updated
    2- the device must be set to use the high performance power plan of Windows
    3- the battery must be charged 100% before playing
    4- Battery should be set to advanced power options for maximum performance.
    5- Game applications must be set in dedicated GPU Dashboard (AMD or Nvida if you have one) to be the main
    6- The appliance must be connected directly to a properly grounded power outlet without any power adapter.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Zulhelmi96
    Zulhelmi96 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Erxc said:

So I just ordered a brand new computer. Here are the specs:

Acer E-15 e5-576g-5762

8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U, 1.6GHz, with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz

Nvidia GeForce MX150 with 2 GB VRAM

8 GB RAM

256 GB SSD

I've seen reviews of this computer and although it isn't a BEAST computer that can handle all games, the reviews I watched showed people using this same exact computer, same model, same specs playing the likes of AAA games with around 50-60 FPS. But when I play games like for example, Minecraft, the first game I tested out on this computer, which should run on this computer perfectly fine, I'm getting 30-50 FPS max. That doesn't seem right to me. The computer is brand new as of today and I've updated it with all the latest windows updates, my Nvidia drivers are up to date as well.

Can somebody please help me and figure out why my FPS is so low? Did I miss something? Is there something I need to install? Any help would be appreciated.

I got the same problem like you as I have found the solution. The hardware of my laptop is almost the same. The problem is throttling issue cause by the cpu. When gaming if the cpu turbo boost itself all the time, it will get hot above 90 degree and will throttle itself which affect the framerate problem. Step that I done in resolving this problem is by using program such as throttlestop. Undervolting help a little bit in heat management but the most  effective is by clocking the cpu to constant 2.4 Ghz. I know it sound slow, but trust me when gaming, the cpu stays on 80 to 83 degree celcius constant. U can also adjust the clocking as u like depend on what type of game that u play. IMO, about below 3Ghz is the best spot to avoid heating. Maybe using an aftermarket cooling fan or better thermal paste can also help. You can use program such as MSI afterburner to monitor your cpu clock speed and tempeature.Good luck
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Zulhelmi96 !

Thanks for sharing this possible solution.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!