How do I disable the Integrated Mic on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42?

kaizoku_josh
kaizoku_josh Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
When I check and test the mic on my laptop I always hear sound from 2 sources which is from my earphone that I plugged and the other source I think is from the laptop itself.
I already checked my device manager but it doesn't show the integrated mic there so I don't have any clue on how to disable the integrated mic.
I also went to the bios and checked if I could disable it there but there's nothing there aswell.
On the device manager it only shows Microphone Array.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,427 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Sound Control panel, move to Recording tab, click Microphone and select Properties, click the drop down arrow for Device usage, select disable and click Apply.

• dragontattoo
    dragontattoo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Okayy thanks
  • kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Go to Sound Control panel, move to Recording tab, click Microphone and select Properties, click the drop down arrow for Device usage, select disable and click Apply.

but wouldn't that disable all my microphone?
    what I want to disable is just my integrated or built in mic that my laptop has not the one that I plugged in.
    thanks for replying tho :D
  • brummyfan2
    If you plug in another external mic, it will show separately, just connect your external mic and check whether you have two mics under Recording tab.
  • kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

edited July 2019
    If you plug in another external mic, it will show separately, just connect your external mic and check whether you have two mics under Recording tab.
    Apparently It did not show separately. it just shows microphone array which I guess means that it uses multiple mics.

• Have you tried this:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    Apparently It did not show separately. it just shows microphone array which I guess means that it uses multiple mics.

Yes, it seems it disables all mics :o
  • kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

Have you tried this:

Yes I did when I plug my earphones that has mic it shows that settings, yet when I test my mic and listen to it I hear 2 mics active at the same time. The integrated mic which unfortunately captures all the noise in my room and the earphone mic which only captures my voice. The integrated mic is kind of annoying it makes the mic output unbearable as it the noise it captures almost covers up my voice.
  • kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

Yes, it seems it disables all mics :o
    Yeah, sadly it does
    I'm so lost on how to disable just the integrated mic itself.
    Been browsing google on how to so far haven't got a single clue on how to do it.
    Feels bad man xD
  • You have already disabled microphone and camera programs here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

You have already disabled microphone and camera programs here:

I tried it but it just completely disables both of my mic.
  • What happens when you switch to stereo mixing here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

What happens when you switch to stereo mixing here?

If I use stereo mix the mic doesn't work. but when I do test it I hear some weird sounds.
  • Try turning off the internal microphone here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

• Is the "listen to microphone device" option enabled on the microphone tab? Try disabling this feature:
    Resultado de imagem para escutar microfone no windows

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

Is the "listen to microphone device" option enabled on the microphone tab? Try disabling this feature:
    Resultado de imagem para escutar microfone no windows

no it isn't enabled I only turn it on when I test it out to see if 2 mic are still active.
  • Have you checked that the sound from the notebook is still working when you plug in the headset? Also, have you tried updating your sound drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kaizoku_josh

Tinkerer

Have you checked that the sound from the notebook is still working when you plug in the headset? Also, have you tried updating your sound drivers?
    Yes I have checked the mic of my laptop still works even when I plugged in my earphones. Yes I did try updating my sound driver and it's still the same.