Need help on my problem on my acer veriton L670g

AshRenz
AshRenz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
hi im new here and i need some help for my problem on my desktop,its an acer veriton L670g,core 2 duo 4gb ram,this issue im experiencing now has happen long time ago,the first time it was a blue screen of death before and my hdd cant be detected,ive tried many solutions online but it didnt resolve my problem then i bought a new hdd and install it but same it cant be detected so i thought my pc wont open again,after almost a month after installing my new hdd i tried to open my desktop to see if its still working,i go to set up boot and check if my new hdd is bein detected and saw that its bein detected coz i can see the serial number and model number of my new seagate hdd so i immediately try to install win10 on it and its successful,i've used my desktop i think for a month until now and suddenly just yesterday my computer just hangs up and it auto restart and when it restarted by itself the hdd isnt detected,i tried to turn off and on my computer but still hdd isnt detected,so i decided to wait until morning if it the problem insist,at morning my computer booted up i have used it again but this time it lasts for about an hour and it goes back to auto restarting by itself again,just noq i tried opening my computer and it booted again after it booted i scan for any viruses if theres any,i tried chkdsk and theres nothing on the result also its all good but while im playing a game it goes back it hangs up while im ingame and auto restart  and hdd cant be detected again :( please help me to fix my computer i know my computer is too old,and can it be still fix?waiting for any response,any help would be appreciated

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    it can be a bad SATA connector (where you connect the HDD) or a bad CMOS battery (BIOS battery).
    you can change by yourself the CMOS battery, it's the silver round button near the ram slots, normally is a CR2032 model, buy a new one and check if this fix your issue.

if not...i don't have a solution for a bad SATA connector.
    I'm not an Acer employee.