Acer Asprire AXC-603G-UW14 - Update my BIOS version.

Weststrate
Weststrate Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I am trying to update my windows but was told that I need to update my BIOS first.  When I checked the site there are many versions off BIOS updates . My Questions are:
1) Do I need to install them all in Sequence. The oldest first and then the next one?
2) Or will the lastest version have all the previous updates?   And I have to install / update only one version?
3) What is the process to do this?
4) Is there a difference between BIOS UEFI and MBR  and what is the recommended version / process?

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The latest BIOS for your computer is P11.B4.  So all you have to do is download P11.B4 and unzip/extract it and then follow the winflash pdf instructions in the Appendix folder.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Weststrate !

Is there any specific need to upgrade to Bios?

Bios upgrades are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Other than that this is a process that should be avoided as much as possible, especially if your machine is working perfectly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    >>> am trying to update my windows but was told that I need to update my BIOS first. >>>

(1) Update Windows from what old Windows version to what new Windows version?
    (2) Who told you that you need to update your BIOS first?
    (3) What is your full ACER model number?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Weststrate
    HiJack,

I am trying to update to win 10 version 1903.  And in chatting with MS they told me to first update my BIOS, since it did not work to update to win 10 1903 version.   My PC is a desktop Acer  Asprire  AXC-603G-UW14

• JackE
    What was the original factory-installed Windows version? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Weststrate
    That was windows 8
  • JackE
    What BIOS version number do you have in there now? You should be able to check it by pressing WIN+R and entering 'msinfo32.exe' Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Weststrate
    Right now I have P11 B2
  • JackE
    Press Win+R. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc'. Right click on the Disk 0 icon. Click properties. Click volumes tab . What is partition type, GPT or MBR? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Weststrate
    Hi Jack it is GPT
  • JackE
    Good. If it was mine and not having any major issues other than rejecting the troubled 1903 work in progress, I would not risk bricking the machine trying to install firmware released a few months later in 2015 in hopes of installing a major 2019 Win10 revision.  Instead, I'd hold off. Because it's not so much that my  machine isn't ready for 1903, it's more like 1903 isn't ready for my machine. If I'm running 1803 now, I wouldn't do anything till at least Nov when it's currently scheduled to lose maintenance support. If 1809, I'd wait till next May. A lot can happen between now and Nov or next May. I might even find that a new major release beyond 1903 installs just fine thus bypassing 1903 altogether. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The latest BIOS for your computer is P11.B4.  So all you have to do is download P11.B4 and unzip/extract it and then follow the winflash pdf instructions in the Appendix folder.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Weststrate
    thank you all for the input