Acer Aspire 5 A515-43 motherboard dual-channel capability/configuration

Options
RenoRich
RenoRich Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5 A515-43 (A515-43-R19L).

The CPU is a AMD Ryzen 3 (Picasso) 12nm, which supports dual-channel operation.

Both Microsoft Windows 10 System Information and CPU-Z identify the motherboard as being manufactured by PK with model number Grumpy-PK v1.02.

The motherboard has two RAM slots (one of which is currently used).

I would like to obtain technical information about the motherboard, and specifically understand if it supports dual-channel operation. If so, can the motherboard configuration set set (BIOS? other?) to run dual-channel? If so, I will consider removing the existing 4GB SO-DIMM and buying 2 matched dual-channel SO-DIMMs.

TIA!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    While not listed on the original specsheet, this particular model allegedly auto-supports dual channel mode operation with a matched set. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    While not listed on the original specsheet, this particular model allegedly auto-supports dual channel mode operation with a matched set. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RenoRich

Tinkerer

Options
    @JackE - Tnx for the swift response! I hope that you are correct, because I ran CPU-Z to determine the existing stick (Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD) and ordered one from Newegg earlier today.
  • JackE
    Options
    Due to production variations for identically labelled modules from the same manufacturer, dual-channel capable modules are often packaged and sold as specially-matched pairs by the manufacturer or distributor. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RenoRich

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Due to production variations for identically labelled modules from the same manufacturer, dual-channel capable modules are often packaged and sold as specially-matched pairs by the manufacturer or distributor. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Jack E/NJ
    Ouch! I'll keep my fingers crossed too. In any case, under Windows 10, 8GB RAM is way better than 4GB RAM). This leads to my next question... (search for "integrated graphics hardware reserved memory")
  • RenoRich

Tinkerer

Options
    Good/Bad News.
    Good News: Received & installed the 4GB Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD stick in my open slot. I now had 8GB total in two slots, and it is operating as dual-channel.
    Bad News: My 
    integrated graphics hardware reserved memory issue is significantly worse.
  • DonOhmal
    DonOhmal Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options

Actualmente tengo 32 Gb de RAM (Kingston Fury) y habría que ver si es posible actualizarla a 32Gb, ojalá y Acer no nos hubiera abandonado con el soporte.