Frequent disconnection from wifi and troubleshoot shows ethernet cable disconnection (Aspire 5 )

Options
Lobsterene
Lobsterene Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have purchased an Aspire 5 in March 2019 (just afew months ago!) and have encountered several connection issues with it. 

Firstly, it often gets disconnected from wifi and after doing some troubleshoot it says that I gotta connect using my ethernet cable. After doing that along with some network restart, it had initially worked. After afew weeks, I've gotten blue windows screen informing that a problem has been encountered and will restart in a minute. From then on I was unable to use my laptop as it's a vicious restarting cycle. Finally it just couldnt boot up at all. I have sent this laptop to my local Acer Service Centre for a fix and got it back yesterday. 

Laptop seems to be back to normal and works fine even though all my data had unfortunately been gone (note that I unfortunately didn't even get a chance to bakcup my data once the laptop started restarting all the time).

Now, a day after collecting back my laptop from the Service Center, I'm experiencing the same issues again with the connection. It disconnected from wifi and after troubleshooting, it says to connect using an ethernet cable yet again. Please advise on why this keeps happening...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Device Manager. Click 'network adapters' folder. Right click wireless adapter. Click 'properties'. Click 'advanced' tab. Click 'preferred band'. First try changing from no preference to 2.4GHz band. If it still loses connection, try the 5GHz band. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lobsterene
    Options
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click 'network adapters' folder. Right click wireless adapter. Click 'properties'. Click 'advanced' tab. Click 'preferred band'. First try changing from no preference to 2.4GHz band. If it still loses connection, try the 5GHz band. Jack E/NJ
    I have tried to do this and it worked well till now - it's happening again, I got disconnected suddenly for no reason and it's prompting me to plug an ethernet cable into this computer. What is wrong with my laptop?
  • JackE
    Options
    What is your wifi router brand & model? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lobsterene
    Options
    JackE said:
    What is your wifi router brand & model? Jack E/NJ
    The wifi problem has not been happening so I thought it was okay after awhile but right now it crashed again. Everytime i press the on button, the blue LED lights up 5 seconds then goes off. Screen remains black and unable to boot up. Orange LED still lights up when I switch on the charger. Any advice?
  • JackE
    Options
    This is a different problem. Remove the charger. On the bottom, gently insert a paper clip into the pinhole with the battery symbol for about 10 seconds. Then let the laptop rest for 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in. Then try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lobsterene
    Options
    JackE said:
    This is a different problem. Remove the charger. On the bottom, gently insert a paper clip into the pinhole with the battery symbol for about 10 seconds. Then let the laptop rest for 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in. Then try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ
    Unfortunately still does not work after trying this for afew times. Probably have to go to the service centre yet again to find out what exactly is causing these problems. Such a pity because this laptop is only 5 months old
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> Probably have to go to the service centre yet again>>>

Yes, this is best if still under warranty. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ