Is there a way to boot from a usb drive on a Aspire a515-43-r19l

Options
Steneedshelp
Steneedshelp Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Secure boot does nothing 
Yes i made a bootable usb drive 
No there is no option in the bios to switch on usb boot and my usb drive does not show up at all in bios or startup menu 

I am just trying to install ubuntu from my flash drive 

Answers

• LogXx
    LogXx Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    i think it's no use anyway. i see that your model has Ryzen processor and there is a high probability that you can't use Linux because acer BIOS has broken ACPI stuff, by the way, what distro are you trying and how did you make a bootable usb?
  • Steneedshelp
    Options
    Linux is working from my old Hd but wanted to get a fresh install for my m2. I know ive had some crazy problems installing Linux on my last Acer laptop. 
  • Steneedshelp
    Options
    LogXx said:
    i think it's no use anyway. i see that your model has Ryzen processor and there is a high probability that you can't use Linux because acer BIOS has broken ACPI stuff, by the way, what distro are you trying and how did you make a bootable usb?
    What exactly are these broken ACPI problems? 
  • LogXx
    Options
    LogXx said:
    What exactly are these broken ACPI problems? 
    on a315-41 models bios has missing ivrs ioapic table entries
  • LogXx
    Options
    here is output