Power cord is loose - Acer Swift 3

Options
Michea
Michea Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
I see someone asked this question in 2016 but didn't see a public answer. I have a Acer Swift 3 that I purchased not even 2 years ago and the power cord is loose so only sometimes charges and I have to wiggle it around quite a bit to get it to charge. It's almost getting to the point where it's not working. What can be done to fix this?
Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Options
    Google your full Swift 3 model number 'sf3-xxx' and 'charger' for vendors that sell new replacement chargers which should be much cheaper than a repair. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kharlie
    Kharlie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    My laptop is not charging. I think that the problem may be the power cord because I had to buy a new one years ago. My power has a box with two cables, one that goes into the laptop and the other goes into an a/c outlet. The cable tends to become lose whenever I wrap the cord and place it inside my travel bag. How do I purchase a new power cord if Acer no longer makes this item?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Options
    It's a standard cord made by other manufacturers like SANYO, Panasonic, Liteon, etc, It may be distributed by but not made by ACER. It may be cheaper just by buy a whole new charger. Just google your full Swift 3 model number 'sf3-xxx' and 'charger' for vendors that sell new replacement chargers . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ