HELP ! - HDMI output - sound not coming (Aspire 5)

Options
jackson198
jackson198 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All

Recently purchased Aspire 5 with the following specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 2.6Ghz 2-Core / 4-Thread Processor
  • 15.6" 1920x1080 FHD IPS Display
  • 4GB DDR4 RAM (2X DIMM Slots, Both upgradeable, 32GB Max)
  • 128GB NVMe SSD (Upgradeable)
  • AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0
  • Windows 10 S (Switch to Windows 10 Home for free)
  • Ports:
    • 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1
    • 2x USB 2.0
    • 1x HDMI

I am connecting this laptop to the soundbar and I can't get the sound to work on the soundbar. The Computer screen shows up perfectly just no sound thru the soundbar. When I try to select the sound out put It says "not plugged in"  (see screen shot)

THe other issue is I also can't select the external speakers on the drop down menu as well, under sound settings - change output device

When I use my old laptop , there is no issues

can anyone help me

thanks

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Have you tried with another hdmi cable? Also, what is the model of the TV or monitor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • slava159
    slava159 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited July 2019
    Options
    у меня токая проблема устаревший биус как  найти новый биус его тут нет помогите найти

I have a current problem: an outdated bios; how to find a new bios; 

[Post edited as the member posted in Russian language -Acer-Harvey]

• jackson198
    jackson198 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    yes , i tried using another hdmi cable, still the same issue .. im 100% sure its a laptop issue, i use another laptop without any issue
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you inform the model of the laptop? Example an515-51-75kz! Also, what is the model of the monitor or tv?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)