Keyboard backlight timeout on Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G

Options
Zulhelmi96
Zulhelmi96 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Any news on bios update on this particular laptop that can disable the backlight keyboard problem. I knew that the Helios 300 and Nitro 5 backlight had been resolved with some Bios update. I dont mind the keyboard backlight turn off if it on battery but plug in too? It kinda make me crazy.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What version of uefi firmware is installed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zulhelmi96
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • Zulhelmi96
    Options
    The newest bios version is v1.12 in the firmware download page
  • Zulhelmi96
    Options
    The newest bios version is v1.12 in the firmware download page
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is this option available on uefi?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zulhelmi96
    Options
    Is this option available on uefi?

No, kinda annoying on why Acer dont put it in the first place
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    Options
    So you should expect Acer to launch a bios that adds this feature!

[Edited link]

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zulhelmi96
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I need this feature as the keyboard backlight timeout even when the laptop is plug in is driving me insane. What the point in having keyboard backlight if it not on in the first place until you click any key.
  • Zulhelmi96
    Options
    So you should expect Acer to launch a bios that adds this feature! You can also suggest this idea here: https://community.acer.com/en/categories/ideas/
    Ok thanks btw for the response. I hope Acer take note on this problem
  • Zulhelmi96
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I already understand that it is because of the battery saving feature. But atleast give us the option to pick the setting. Acer can give this option on their Nitro series laptop. I hope Acer will give this option on other series as well. I am using the new Acer Aspire 5 as well and I really love this lappy except for that annoying backlight shut off for every 30 seconds. Please my dear Acer read this as many people complaining about this as well. Or maybe atleast gave us a little bit longer time for the backlight keyboard to shut off such as 3-5 minutes.if Acer cant fix this little annoyance, maybe this is my last Acer laptop that I ever buy. Thank you
  • beverliejoie
    beverliejoie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    How do I enable to backlight of my keyboard? Annoying to use at night without the backlight. 

Acer Apire 5 A515-52G-5084