Vela
Vela Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Bios version is 1.04
F12 boot menu enabled
Secure boot mode: standard
Secure boot: enabled
It doesn't see any disc connected, if I plug in the windows boot usb it sees it in the bios, if I try to repair it doesn't help.
I have no option to change to legacy mode.
The crash happened while transfering files from external hard drive to the secondary drive on this laptop while all the drivers were installed and everything seemed fine. It happened after about an hour in the middle of file transfer. And since then, the thing is dead, there's nothing I can do or find on the net.
The ssd is OK, I plugged it in my other laptop and it was normally recognised. Unplugging the battery didn't help either. 
Can anyone help, or should I return it? I bought it today.

Answers

• Is ssd recognized in the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Vela

Tinkerer

No, as I said. I can't find any fix for this anywhere and I think I'm going to return it. I can't have my work laptop dragged for months through repair service.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited July 2019
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Vela

Tinkerer

I cannot switch from uefi to legacy. There's no option at all. It seems that the new BIOS V 1.04 is bad. The worst thing is that I downloaded it from the official Acer support site and for this laptop. How can this happen? I returned it and will never buy helios 300 again since this seems to be a known fault. I own last year's helios 500 and it works flawlessly. WTF Acer?
  • Did you try to reset the internal battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)