Windows 10 on Acer Aspire Z3-605

Hogman226
Hogman226 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi

I have one of these machines on my desk.

It had Win 8.1x64 installed. I removed the HDD and installed an SSD.

Loaded Windows 10 1903 x64 onto the machine.

I updated the Intel Graphics driver to the latest.

As soon as the driver for the AMD Radeon is installed the machine simply locks up. Only way to solve is to hard power off, reboot and do a system restore.

I simply am unable to install the AMD driver, wether it be from the Acer or AMD site.

Has anybody managed to get Windows 10 running from scratch with the AMD drivers?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Hogman226 !

What EXACT model of your AIO?
    By default, this series does not have AMD GPU, only Intel.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Hogman226
    It is the Z3-605 it has an Intel HD 4000 and and an AMD Radeon card.

The machine works ok with just the Intel, but windows will update the driver for the Radeon and it locks up immediately.

I have tried different driver combinations, updated the BIOS.

Only way to keep it stable is to use a reg hack to disable the driver update. 

This then causes other issues with windows update.

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Unfortunately AMD / Radeon has been experiencing a long period of failure in driver upgrades and support.
    Several users of various equipment, makes and models have reported such fact.

If any driver you have used is functional, I suggest you keep it, block the updates, and wait for a solution.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Hogman226
    I don't think this is just down to AMD Radeon, I have had AMD Radeon in my pc por 5 years and experienced nothing like this.

This is a BIOS issue I am sure.

Even if windows updates with the driver from Microsoft, it freezes the machine on installation.

Same with the driver from Acer and AMD.