Is Aspire 5(A515-51G-51MU) compatible with win 10 Pro?

ASHWAGHOSH
ASHWAGHOSH Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop has win 10 pro installed. After update to 1803, laptop's performance drastically affected. Tried many available online solutions but still my issues are not resolved. I want to know my laptop is compatible with win 10 pro or home or something else?
I am facing serious lag issues (with and without antivirus). System responds very slow to all applications. Often stops responding for unknown reason. 

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it must be compatible! Have you checked that the disk is 100% in the task manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Is the disk 100% all the time? Have you tried disabling the "delivery optimization" service?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it must be compatible! Have you checked that the disk is 100% in the task manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ASHWAGHOSH

Tinkerer

Thanks for quick reply. Disk usage  often goes to 100%, tried remedies available online, but still problem persists.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Is the disk 100% all the time? Have you tried disabling the "delivery optimization" service?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ASHWAGHOSH

Tinkerer

Not all the time often system or apps gets hanged then it is 100%, slowly reduces. Not tried disabling delivery optimization service , will try out and let you know.
  • ASHWAGHOSH

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelhothanks, "suferfetch" is seems to be culprit. Disabled it; performance is better now. Will test for some days and will update observations.
  • What is the version of your windows? 1803, 1809 or 1903? In the most current versions, this service is called sysmain!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ASHWAGHOSH

Tinkerer

1803- It is superfetch in my system, searched for sysmain; could not find it. 
  • In the most current versions, the superfetch service is currently called sysmain!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ASHWAGHOSH

Tinkerer

Thanks for revert -it is the same process, actual name is Sysmain and display name is Superfetch - written in description. After testing for some days, Identified multiple culprits; disabled them one by one, but every time improvements are temporary. Lagging starts after few min. 
    After thorough investigation I come to conclusion it is hardware compatibility issue for new version of windows 10. Windows 10 upgraded high speed drivers which are compatible with SSD. I am having HHD,  slow HHD and large queue of I/O resulting in continues high disk usage. Read multiple replies online this problem is resolved after upgrading to SSD. I am also going for M2 SSD for my system. Let's see If it is helpful; will update here after try.
  • Have you checked if the problem remains after upgrading windows to version 1903? So far, I have not seen anyone complaining that the disc is 100% in the 1903 version.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ASHWAGHOSH

Tinkerer

under update section it is showing your device is not compatible.
  • ASHWAGHOSH

Tinkerer

Finally, after testing for week,, I am able to confirm all my issues are resolved. It is HDD compatibility issue, moment I switched from HDD to SSD all the lagging and hanging issues are disappeared. I have migrated same OS from HDD to SSD  using mini-tool partition wizard. My Laptop is as smooth as new now. MS Office is running very fast now.   
  • Great my friend =)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer