Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer CB3-532 - Cannot login to Chromebook with my child’s account

Debtol_ohDebtol_oh Posts: 4Member New User
edited July 18 in Chromebooks
I recently received a new Chromebook for my child  and I’m trying to log into it with his information. When I try to enter his information, it tells me that a parent needs to login first. I tried logging into it with my account with no issues, but when I tried to add him it says that I have to remove my account. How do I get my child’s account up and running again. I also have family link on my phone is that an issue? 

FAQ & Answers

• Debtol_ohDebtol_oh Posts: 4Member New User
    Forgot to put that it is a CB3-532
  • Rudy21Rudy21 Posts: 1,363ACE Pioneer
    Debtol_oh said:
    Forgot to put that it is a CB3-532
    Please try this link to get help

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7680868?hl=en
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  :)  :)
    When I did the "Add your child's Google Account" to the new Chromebook, it says there was an error and try again.  I reset his password in Family Link to make sure I had it correct, still no luck. I put in my credentials and it works just fine, then when I go to add him as a user it says that you should not have a supervisor/parent as the owner because it could cause issues with security.  So, I powerwashed it again. Then I went back to add his account information again and it says that a parent needs to sign into a website and try again. So I signed in my information to setup the Chromebook, went to the website, and again nothing I got the same error message and that I could not have a supervisor/parent as the owner on the child.....  Viscous cycle.   So I powerwashed it again in hopes that someone could provide guidance on this.  I was hoping to have had it done before my son got home today, but I guess he will watch me try to get it done tonight.  
    Debtol_oh said:
    When I did the "Add your child's Google Account" to the new Chromebook, it says there was an error and try again.  I reset his password in Family Link to make sure I had it correct, still no luck. I put in my credentials and it works just fine, then when I go to add him as a user it says that you should not have a supervisor/parent as the owner because it could cause issues with security.  So, I powerwashed it again. Then I went back to add his account information again and it says that a parent needs to sign into a website and try again. So I signed in my information to setup the Chromebook, went to the website, and again nothing I got the same error message and that I could not have a supervisor/parent as the owner on the child.....  Viscous cycle.   So I powerwashed it again in hopes that someone could provide guidance on this.  I was hoping to have had it done before my son got home today, but I guess he will watch me try to get it done tonight.  
    Please share the result here after testing it.
    I had to sign go into guest and then update the OS to the newest update. Logged out and entered his credentials and it worked.  
    Debtol_oh said:
    I had to sign go into guest and then update the OS to the newest update. Logged out and entered his credentials and it worked.  
    Thats great.. You have resolved the issue.