Driver Downloads(Nitro AN515-51)

F99Sh
F99Sh Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi 
I have Nitro AN515-51
at Driver download part of the product support site of acer had written : "After upgrading to Windows 10, if there are any drivers that haven't been installed, please run Windows Update to install the appropriate drivers."
what does mean?
If my win updates to latest version , so it doesn't need to download these Drivers from acer support site??

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You may still need to update your drivers but don't use the Acer support page instead use device Manager go down the list updating each thing using the option " Search automatically for updated software". However DO NOT do this for "Processor" and "Sound Video and Game controllers" these are better done from the manufacturers site 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening F99Sh !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    The drivers provided by Acer are tested and approved in the release versions of the equipment.
    Over time, any driver will become outdated.
    You are free to make updates whenever you want, either through the Windows update or directly on the developer sites.
    If your device is working perfectly, there is no need to update the drivers.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• F99Sh

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    Good evening F99Sh !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    The drivers provided by Acer are tested and approved in the release versions of the equipment.
    Over time, any driver will become outdated.
    You are free to make updates whenever you want, either through the Windows update or directly on the developer sites.
    If your device is working perfectly, there is no need to update the drivers.

Nitro 5 AN515-51
    it's my exact model of laptop !

Do you Approve that if i update my system Windows OS.  to latest Version , i don't need to update my drivers via 
    developer sites??
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    You may still need to update your drivers but don't use the Acer support page instead use device Manager go down the list updating each thing using the option " Search automatically for updated software". However DO NOT do this for "Processor" and "Sound Video and Game controllers" these are better done from the manufacturers site 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• F99Sh

Tinkerer

andylb said:

Hi !
    what's your opinion about IObit Driver Booster PRO for install and update my driver ??
    when i connect to TV via HDMI cable , i have delay on my video on TV screen , Game , movie or anything else... ; their voice speed have correct speed but i have delay on video...

sincerely.

• andylb
    edited July 2019
    @F99Sh I don't like any third party driver programs, many on this forum have had bad experiences and laptop problems using them. Windows itself provides all you need to update your drivers, it may take a little longer to do but you get the correct drivers. Do it using the method I described above 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★