Aspire E5-575T: compatible RAM

vivsim
vivsim Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
My E5-575T has its original Kingston memory: two 4gb modules.  One of the modules has failed and I wish to replace it with an 8 gb module, giving me 12 gb in all.  The Kingston site search did not find my computer so I called them.  They told me that they'd manufactured the 'custom' modules for Acer so I would have to buy a replacement from Acer.  So I called Acer and spent an excruciating and fruitless hour on the phone with them.  I've searched the internet looking for compatible memory and have come up with only one possibility at a company called Crucial but I'm reluctant to take the chance as I don't know the company.  My question is, has anyone upgraded their ET-575T successfully, and will you please give me details (manufacturer and model number please)?

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,737 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    @vivsim
    System Memory
    Two DIMM slots support DDR4 SDRAM:
    Up to 16 GB of DDR3L 1600MHz system memory
    Up to 16 GB of DDR4 2133MHz system memory (Aspire E5-575, E5-575T only)
    32 GB maximum memory capacity (using two soDIMM modules)
    Supports dual-channel
    You can buy any brand RAM with the above specs given, it will work

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning!

This is the only compatibility chart available.
    The fact is you should not have such concerns.
    Just get a pair of RAM modules with the standard features (DDR4 2133Mhz).
    This standard already guarantees functionality.
    Usually incompatibility errors only occur with off-the-shelf memories or when merging banks of different brands.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,737 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    @vivsim
    System Memory
    Two DIMM slots support DDR4 SDRAM:
    Up to 16 GB of DDR3L 1600MHz system memory
    Up to 16 GB of DDR4 2133MHz system memory (Aspire E5-575, E5-575T only)
    32 GB maximum memory capacity (using two soDIMM modules)
    Supports dual-channel
    You can buy any brand RAM with the above specs given, it will work

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
  • vivsim
    Thanks, Jack.  I'll take your advice but I'm still wondering why no memory supplier, apart from Crucial, indicates that their memory is compatible with the Acer Aspire E5-575T.  Even the manufacturer (Kingston) of the original memory referred me to Acer.
    I'm very disappointed that Acer doesn't make the memory requirements for my notebook clear, and that my hour or so on the phone with them yielded no results at all.  I would have expected better from them for a two year old notebook.  So, I think I'll go for the Crucial offering with fingers crossed. Now, of course, I'm wondering if an 8gb module from Crucial will work alongside the original 4gb Acer/Kingston module.  No doubt I'll find out soon.
    Thanks again.
  • MaClane
    Good evening vivsim  !

This series supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM (2 slots, 2x16GB each) So-DIMM DDR4 2133Mhz

This is the table of RAMs tested and homologated by Acer as being compatible:

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• vivsim
    Hi MaClane,
    Thank you very much.  Unfortunately, I can't read the two small compatibility tables.  Tried magnifying them but they just get more fuzzy.  Would you please let me know where I can access these tables as they seem to be exactly what I need if they do, indeed, relate to the Aspire E5-575T.
    I was just about to order the Crucial memory via Amazon, but I'd much rather deal direct with a store, so I'm hoping your table will include brands that are commonly available.
    Vivsim
  • MaClane
    They are taken from the service manual.
    This manual is not available to the end user.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• vivsim
    Thank you again, McClane.  Just as I think I've grasped the mysteries of RAM, I lose my confidence completely and realise I simply don't understand.  The part numbers on the charts don't match my memory.  Here's a picture of one of my 4gb modules.  Would you have access to a compatibility chart that includes this?  I would like to get a compatible 4 gb module and a compatible 8gb module.
    I really appreciate your help.

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning!

This is the only compatibility chart available.
    The fact is you should not have such concerns.
    Just get a pair of RAM modules with the standard features (DDR4 2133Mhz).
    This standard already guarantees functionality.
    Usually incompatibility errors only occur with off-the-shelf memories or when merging banks of different brands.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• vivsim
    Dear MaClane and Jack22
    Many, many thanks for your help.  I now understand that I was worrying unnecessarily, and this was really a result of my lack of knowledge about memory.  I will now buy the memory with confidence.
    Vivsim