Acer Predator G3-710. My computer wont turn on. Tried everything.

Options
Brindis
Brindis Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
So when i went to turn on my pc today, nothing happend. So i started googling around, tried every method. Dont wanna take out the powersupply and all that incase i do something wrong as the pc is prebuilt. Im pretty sure its either the power switch or power supply, but since theres no way for ME to check any of those. I wonder if i can get some help. Had the pc for 3 years. I dont have the money and time to go to a service center. I really really need the pc at all times, so im freaking out a little. Worked fine yesterday. I feel like its a very simple fix, just not for me

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Brindis
    Options
    The power on the pc? If so how do i do that on this pc? Ive tried 3 different cables. Ive taken a look at the cables connected to the power switch. Took out the power supply box to see if theres anything, but i dont wanna open it. Idk if theres a way on the this specific computer to see if the power supply is dead. I have almost no knowledge when it comes to pc parts and components. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Unplug the power cable from the socket and press the power button for thirty seconds!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Brindis
    Options
    Unplug the power cable from the socket and press the power button for thirty seconds!
    Hey, done that 4 times now. Should i be hearing some sound or? Cuz i forgot to say that i dont even get a sound, light or anything. Its just dead :( 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked that the problem persists when connecting it to another socket? Also, have you already opened the desktop to try to clean it and check if the problem is on some hardware?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Brindis
    Options
    Have you checked that the problem persists when connecting it to another socket? Also, have you already opened the desktop to try to clean it and check if the problem is on some hardware?
    Yes, havent taken the graphic card out tho. But im not skilled enough to access inside of the power supplyer. Thats where all the wires go to, also idk how to access the part that holds all the wires to the power switch etc.
  • Brindis
    Options
    here is a pic
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    check here my friend:

https://youtu.be/_yvKjakrpN4

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gurutech420
    gurutech420 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Could be as simple as dead power supply if you have nothing no sound no power . Go to you tube on your mobile type heal my tech ive fixed many problems with this guys help then type in dead computer pc no power . he will run you through a few steps on how to check your power supply . hope that helps
  • Brindis
    Options
    check here my friend:

https://youtu.be/_yvKjakrpN4
    Ill try that when i get home! Thank you my friend.
  • Brindis
    Options
    Could be as simple as dead power supply if you have nothing no sound no power . Go to you tube on your mobile type heal my tech ive fixed many problems with this guys help then type in dead computer pc no power . he will run you through a few steps on how to check your power supply . hope that helps
    Ill try that, thanks!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you use an anti static glove and carefully remove all hardware and then go testing each one individually. Also check if there is any component burned on the motherboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Better might be to look at the power switch itself. Trace the wires from the switch back to where they connect to the motherboard then use a VOM (Volt/Ohm Meter, pretty cheap to buy) and verify that when you press the switch it actually connects the two wires together. If that's working it's either the power supply or the motherboard, and much more likely the supply.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.