Acer Aspire 5 A515-52-57BY Has No Fingerprint Drivers Available to Download

bwpdk
bwpdk Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
When I searched for this laptop's drivers on Acer's website using the laptop's serial number, I could not find any fingerprint driver. This specific model of the laptop comes with a fingerprint reader on the touchpad. The fingerprint reader driver can also be seen in device manager.

Where can I find the fingerprint reader for this laptop?

Answers

• Hello! Can you inform the idhardware of the fingerprint? Example:
    Resultado de imagem para idhardware
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bwpdk

Tinkerer

edited July 2019
    Hi egydiocoelho,

The image below shows the driver's details:

• Select the option Hardware ids!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bwpdk

Tinkerer

edited July 2019
    The Hardware Ids option does not exist for this driver's property window.
  • The notebook already come with the drivers installed! Have you activated the fingerprint here? https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46811/~/windows-10:-use-fingerprint-reader-to-sign-in

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bwpdk

Tinkerer

Yes I know. Windows recognises the fingerprint reader, but the problem is that if I want to do a clean install of Windows on this laptop I won't have the fingerprint reader driver to be able to use the fingerprint reader.
  • I do not recommend that you install windows using an iso from microsoft! There is a hidden partition of acer, which allows you to reinstall windows operating, which should not be removed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bwpdk

Tinkerer

You're right and I was aware of this beforehand, I just wanted the fingerprint driver as a backup and also in the case that I wanted to do a clean install for Windows in the future.
  • That's why I need the hardware id of the device! That information should be there!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer