SSD COMPATIBILITY

Options
Jk_Jk
Jk_Jk Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Recently ,I do want add ssd into my Aspire E5-575G-525T and I have look on kingston A400 M.2 and Kingston A1000 M.2 Nvme but I not sure is it this two also compatible in my laptop.Anyone know ?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,135 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You can find the instruction for the method to check the NVMe compatibility in your laptop, most probably you can install a NVMe SSD but confirm it by checking the Maximum link width value, you have to install HWiNFO 64 free program and run it, however, you can find the full information in this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/497241/acer-aspire-e5-575-52jf-m-2-nvme-support/p1
  • Jk_Jk
    Jk_Jk Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @brummyfan2

Thanks for your reply. After I downloaded the hwinfo ,I saw a few of PCI Express Root and not sure which one PCI Express Root Port is used by my CPU.
    Since,some PCI Express Root Port maximum link width is 1x,2x and some is 4x . All 3 are also version 3.0 . Can you help me to see whether the Kingston A1000 M.2 NVME compatible to my laptop ? Because I not sure want to install normal M.2 SSD or NVME,pls guide me 

Tq for your reply;)

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,135 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    If you expand each PCI Express Root ports by clicking the + sign, you could find what they are used for, for example PCI Express Root Port 1 may be used for your Graphics, 11 may be used for Audio and you may find 9 being empty(meant for the SSD).
    I think it should work but have no personal experience with Kingston SSDs, so I am unable to confirm that it will work.