SA5-271-55Q6 - How do you replace/remove the battery

AlphaUserOmega
AlphaUserOmega Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in Switch Series
Acer Switch Alpha 12. Does anybody knows how to remove the battery? Case is already open. Mine is solidly glued to the computer. No screws or anything else seems to hold it. Can not see under the battery. No document or howto found. Bought a new battery because the original one (3 years) does not hold charge for more than an hour now.

cf. @egydiocoelho

Best Answer

• AlphaUserOmega
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, it is glued. See image. Found the service document. Got the battery replaced. Many Thanks @egydiocoelho.

Answers

• Check this vídeo:
    https://youtu.be/UqpBfm389DQ
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AlphaUserOmega

@egydiocoelho, obrigado. I have seen that video before but it only shows how to open the computer. As I mentioned in my first post, mine is already open. There is even a video out there that shows how to take the heat sink off. But none how to remove the battery (?). It would then seem pretty straightforward, but the battery in mine is virtually glued to the housing and cannot be removed unless I rip it off. Which will probably damage something… On the new battery, nothing shows that it should be attached.

Maybe the computer overheated and melted the battery sheet cover… Don’t know and no sign of this.

• Check here my friend:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AlphaUserOmega
    Below, for info, image of the open computer.

• Check this image too:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlphaUserOmega
    Thank you @egydiocoelho. I will compare this image with my computer tomorrow and will keep you posted.

Nice document that I wish I had… or do I as a user?...
  • AlphaUserOmega
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, it is glued. See image. Found the service document. Got the battery replaced. Many Thanks @egydiocoelho.

• My service manual does not have these pictures! Where did you download these photos? Is your model really the sa5-271?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlphaUserOmega
    edited August 2019

Yes SA5-271 (55Q6).

My battery is ok now but unfortunately I did a dumb (and unlucky) thing while trying to remove it the first time. Crushed the LCM/FPC flex cable that was just below. Not my first time working inside a computer and thought I was gentle overall. But those cable are so flimsy (to be polite) like the one for dock. Now no screen. Works on usb-c/hdmi display. Aaaaah... Have to find a replacement cable I guess...

[Edited by moderator]
  • Have you looked for the correct cable in the service guide?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlphaUserOmega
    Yes. Many references in the guide but no Acer part number in the list at the end. 
    Would be this https://www.sb-electronics.de/de/acer/notebook/acer-aspire-serie/aspire-serie-switch-alpha-12/aspire-sa5-271-serie/original-acer-cable-lcm-fpc-aspire-switch-alpha-12-sa5-271-serie.

Trying to find it elsewhere or i may go to some acer repair to see if they have it and overall check.

• Can you tell the top ten of the part number?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlphaUserOmega

P/N 0801-4UQ4E00

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlphaUserOmega
    edited July 2019
    From box =

P/N : NT.LCDAA.002
       S/N : NTLCDAA0026xxxxxx
       SNID : 6215xxxxxx

[Edited by Moderator]
  • AlphaUserOmega
    My cable. A dent near between letter "PCB" and "FPC" must have cut the connection.

• Look for CABLE 50.LB9N5.007 CABLE LCM FPC ASSY UNIFLEX 3.37 * 1.53,2L (1), 0.15MM No

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlphaUserOmega
    Thanks. Will do.
  • You are welcome! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlphaUserOmega
    edited August 2019

Yes SA5-271 (55Q6).

My battery is ok now but unfortunately I did a dumb (and unlucky) thing while trying to remove it the first time. Crushed the LCM/FPC flex cable that was just below. Not my first time working inside a computer and thought I was gentle overall. But those cable are so flimsy (to be polite) like the one for dock. Now no screen. Works on usb-c/hdmi display. Aaaaah... Have to find a replacement cable I guess...

[Edited by moderator]
This discussion has been closed.