Acer nitro 5 AN515-53-55G9 USB-C Dock Support

ViciousCustoms
ViciousCustoms Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey Guys, I just bought a Nitro 5 AN515-53 and was told it supported USB-C docks, but now I'm seeing tons of conflicting info. Can anyone tell me, in plain language, if this laptop supports a USB-C Dock, or did I waste $150 on the ACER USB-C Dock? I've read there is no support, I've read there is full support, and mixed support where it only supports video via the display port and does not support USB-C charging. I installed the drivers and all of that, and obviously I didn't rectify the situation. The doc doesn't say what is fully supported so I'm hoping someone might know. Maybe I'm just missing it. I use my laptop for double duty, both at home and in the office, and while it's not the end of the world to not have a dock, I'd like to know I'm not fighting a losing battle. 

Thanks in advance! 

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This model has a 3.1 usb port, ie it does not support video display: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/AN515-53/NH.Q3YAA.001.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    On the loading issue, both USB port 3.1 and 3.0 allow charging devices. However, only the USB 3.0 port allows you to charge devices when the notebook is turned off!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• ViciousCustoms
    ViciousCustoms Member Posts: 4 New User
    Sorry, I just wanted to add that I didn't try the display port on the dock, yet. I have only tried HDMI. I have to find my display port cable or order one, and I'd rather not order one if it won't work. 

Thanks again! 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    This model has a 3.1 usb port, ie it does not support video display: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/AN515-53/NH.Q3YAA.001.html

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• This model has a 3.1 usb port, ie it does not support video display: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/AN515-53/NH.Q3YAA.001.html

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    On the loading issue, both USB port 3.1 and 3.0 allow charging devices. However, only the USB 3.0 port allows you to charge devices when the notebook is turned off!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer