Predator NVME options(Predator Orion 3000 PO3-600

Options
pejole2165
pejole2165 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I have a Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-600 desktop (i5-8400, 8Gb DDR 2666 RAM, GTX1050Ti, 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 3, 16Gb Intel Optane) B360 chipset.
I want to swap the Optane for an NVME drive but I am confused as to what to look for. I have seen drives with 3 edge connectors listed as SATA, drives with 3 edge connectors listed as NVME and drives with 2 edge connectors listed as NVME.
I asked Acer support for info and got a 1 line reply saying "that unit will use NVME", so I asked for more detail and was told I need a drive with M key, Acer support included a picture but it showed 3 connector SATA drives and 2 connector NVME drives, but the NVME drives had a cross thru. HWInfo says my m.2 socket is B key, Acer says its M key.
Does anyone know for certain which m.2 slot I have? Is it for NVME or SATA drives, is it Gen3 x2 or x4 etc.
Any help to clear up the confusion will be most appreciated.
P.S the Optane module has 3 edge connectors but is an NVME x2 device and if you watch a video of it being fitted it fits into a m.2 slot with only M key from what I can tell.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    This model has a m2 2280 port that accepts either a ssd sata 3 or nvme gen3x4, as well as an optane memory:

I suggest you check this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.2
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pejole2165

Tinkerer

Options
    So I check the userbenchmark site, it shows the intel p600 as a 3 connector drive, but when I check it on amazon it shows a 2 connector drive....so still don't know which will work in my m.2 slot. :(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of your desktop? Example po3-600-ur13!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pejole2165

Tinkerer

Options
    It is apparently po3-600 D from the spec sheet attached to the box, where it says model number.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Some versions of this model come with a ssd m2 2280 gen3x4! Can you inform the first ten numbers of the partnumber? Even so, today's notebooks and desktops support nvme!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pejole2165

Tinkerer

Options
    Part number? do you mean like DGE14EK001....? or where would I find such info. Also thanks for helping so far. :)
  • pejole2165

Tinkerer

Options
    Having checked the box again, that number I gave is the part number.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I checked the diagram of your model, and it accepts both ssd m2 2280 sata 3 and nvme gen3x4, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pejole2165

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok, that makes sense as a few utilities I've tried identify the optane module as being an NVME x2 device, I think the thing confusing me is how a card (Optane device) with 3 edge connectors can work in a slot that only has 2 connectors (M keyed). And why some NVME drives (only a few I've seen on amazon, Crucial I think it was) also have 3 connectors whereas the majority of drives I've looked at (Samsung Evo range ex.) only have 2 connectors?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    This model has a m2 2280 port that accepts either a ssd sata 3 or nvme gen3x4, as well as an optane memory:

I suggest you check this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.2

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pejole2165

Tinkerer

Options
    Thankyou very much for all the info and research you've done for me, much appreciated. :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You're welcome, my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DJ_Lune44
    DJ_Lune44 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    How does one find URxx< those 2 digits? Google is not being cooperative right now lol @egydiocoelho?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Sorry, but I didn't understand your question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DJ_Lune44

Tinkerer

edited February 2020
    Options
    Like PO3-600-URxx I don't know that the 2 numbers are after the "UR"
    If I look in system info it just says PO3-600 and I don't know how to find my specific model.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    It doesn't need to be URxx, it's liable to be any four digits, like UR13, EB11, CX11, etc..
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DJ_Lune44

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    It doesn't need to be URxx, it's liable to be any four digits, like UR13, EB11, CX11, etc..
    That's just it though. I can't find anything that has those 4 digits on my model.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Your model is the PO3-600-UR18

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DJ_Lune44

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh thank you! That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer