AN515-51 NITRO 5 Charging turning on and off in few seconds intervals

blackwolfSWK
blackwolfSWK Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello

I have some problem with my notebook that started after 1 year. When I start charging my notebook it turn on and off in few intervals. Yesterday it was doing it for maybe an  hour after which it stopped while continously charging notebook until 100%. Today it changed and it charge battery until it is on 94%. Then it stops charging until it gets to 93%. Then it again start charging until 94% and do this in cycle. It was like that for almost 2 hours now.

I dont think that there is problem with cable, adapter or place where u insert charger as it is charging just fine until it gets to 94% battery capacity. I checked battery with some other program and it stated its pretty ok apart from loss of capacity . 

I found that some people had same problem but with different notebooks, some fixes were with drivers (which is possible because ***** windows made another update again) but to fix it I have to run without battery and I dont like it as battery is inside and I have to open whole notebook to get to it.
Some problems were because of faulty battery.
Some because of BIOS.

Its really pain in as* as I cant play any game in peace because notebook on battery have really bad performance and same goes for autodesk modeling programs, so reason why I bought this notebook is pretty much ruined.

P.S. I tried to look for fix with this notebook model but it seems like noone had this problem so far.

Thanks in advance for ussefull tips and fixes.

Edited the content to hide personal information

Answers

• Hello! What is the model of your laptop? Example ph317-52! Also, did you check battery health at the acer care center?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • blackwolfSWK

Tinkerer

Model is : ACER NITRO AN515-51

Update, I took notebook apart, took out battery, turne on , disabled ACPI-Compliant control Method Battery, turned off, instalde battery, turned on, found out its still doing same thing and ACPI enabled itself after restart. Going to try to uninstal it so it reinstal and see if it was problem .

Update2, now its doing on 95% ... Start charging at 95,0% and disable at 95,1%.

ACER care center said I have ok battery.
  • blackwolfSWK

Tinkerer

Now its doing between 95,3 and 95,4%.
    I am going to try if cycle is going on even when notebook is turned off and I will try to let it power up to 100% (I assume that 30mins will be enought for it even while cycling if the power is indeed slowly rissing) . Maybe there is some problem in battery. But I thought even if there is some virus that can do this?
  • Are you connecting the notebook directly to the socket, without the use of line filtering, nobreaks or something? Have you checked that the problem remains on another socket?
    Also, have you uninstalled these drivers and tried to do a battery reset?

https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • blackwolfSWK

Tinkerer

Tried different socket.
    Tried reinstal of drivers.
    Tried battery reset.

Still doing it but now at 90% of battery.
  • blackwolfSWK

Tinkerer

I can try different ACER charger

Original output: 19V 7.1A
    Other charger output:19V 4.74A

Is it possible or I risk battery explosion or something?
  • I recommend that you only use the original power adapter of the model! Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo? That way, we could check if it is a bug in windows! Also, are you using version 1803, 1809 or 1903 of windows 10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blackwolfSWK

Tinkerer

I dont want to use that charger in future as it belongs to notebook I gave to my parents but I was curious if I can try if there was failure in charger with it in which case I would buy new one.

I am using windows 10 1809.

Windows reinstall will be my last try as there is a lot of informations at notebook that will take some time to transport, and I have a lot of downloaded things and I dont have fast internet so it will take few things to download them back. But if my problem wont be solved today I will make reinstall during night as it will take few hours so I can check on problem at morning and see if there will be more things I can try.
  • Have you tried to calibrate the battery? https://windowsreport.com/calibrate-laptop-battery/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RaydenStark
    RaydenStark Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have you tried to calibrate the battery? https://windowsreport.com/calibrate-laptop-battery/
    Hey egydiocoelho,
    Been following you on a lot of threads trying to fix the problem with my laptop, but alas none seems to work.
    Can you help me in identifying my issue?

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-77VW

My battery recently stopped charging ( while being plugged in) and since has been causing me issues.
    Before this the laptop used to cause me issues by not charging until I plugged it on/off multiple times till it would randomly start charging.
    Now my adapter, while being plugged, shows no led light as a response.
    I have tried reinstalling the drivers as you have suggested, done power cycle test, tried different sockets, checked for cuts on the adapters, didn't help.
    Now I have been trying to save my battery ever since and trying fixes without switching on the laptop.

I tried to disconnect the battery by removing it from the motherboard and then tried to use it using the charger only. It didnt switch on.
    I have my confusion if it's a faulty battery or adapter (I think it's the latter)

Think you could help me with this?
  • @RaydenStark Ideally, you should create a new topic. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Charlie08
    Charlie08 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited August 2020
    Hello
    I have same problem and started from yesterday, keeps reconnect from 99% to 100%.
    when i disabled ACPI-Compliant control from device manager worked fine but enabled itself after restart!
    It has nothing to do with the battery think it is a software problem...
    No solution yet?

• blackwolfSWK

Tinkerer

I am afraid its only short term sollution as I ´´fixed´´ it same way... for few days or weeks ... then I noticed I never got to 100 ... with me it was battery failure loosing its capacity, and in the end I had to remove it for notebook to work at least on cable.
  • bboi728
    bboi728 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

@blackwolfSWK did you just remove the connection to the battery? Or is it running without the battery, just the charger?