Thermal Paste and Thermal Pads (PH315-52)

13»

Answers

• 0xdeadbeef
    0xdeadbeef Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

reloopmst said:
    Hello everyone, I am trying to replace all the thermal pads and thermal paste in my laptop but I have one doubt.

Anyone knows what kind of thermal paste is the one in the picture marked in yellow?

I would like to know if I can replace it and if must be by thermal pads or thermal paste and in case of thermal paste if I can use the same as for the processor and graphic card.

Thanks in advance
    That's normal, acer apply these dense pink thermal paste on memory chips because regular thermal paste is too liquidy to apply on those vrams, as they are on the border of heat sink, normal thermal paste would leak out. 

For me what I did was I kept those pink paste as it is and I replaced my GPU and CPU with thermal grizzly kryonaut paste.and it pretty much did the job for me the temperature of my CPU is now reduced by 5 -7C.
    I have 1660 ti GPU it was already cool but after repasting the temps are now of 5 degree cooler.
  • JohninIndy
    JohninIndy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Regarding the GPU VRAM thermal pad thickness. I have just performed a full repaste and repad on the CPU/GPU (2019 Helios 300 315-52 i7 9750H/GTX 1660 Ti). This is the second time that I've repasted the CPU/GPU. The first time I repasted, I put the pink GPU VRAM thermal pads back in place as best I could and I don't think It was a great job. They came apart very easily once the heatsink was pulled up. After the new repaste and repad and using CPUID HWMonitor, I am now seeing an average idle temperature of 38 degrees celsius on the CPU package. The GPU is currently idling at 43 degrees celsius. The CPU/GPU paste that I used was Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. The VRAM pads that I used were Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 and the sizing was .5mm. After looking at the thickness of the original pad and the replacement .5mm, I decided to DOUBLE UP THE PADS, so I am effectively using 1MM worth of thermal pad. The reason for this was that if it was too much, it wouldn't be by much and would compress down once the CPU/GPU heatsink was screwed back down. This repaste job is seeing immediate improvement and much better temps than my last repaste. In fact, I've never seen this laptop idle so low. I'm very impressed. 
  • angelofacose
    angelofacose Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

belik said:
    For some reason they put pink dense thermopaste on memory chips, I never saw such kind in shops so will normal kryonat paste do this job?

i have the same on my triton 300 (PT315-52) and i remove all the pink-paste and replace with thermal pads
    measures: 1.5 mm around the GPU / 1.0 mm around the CPU
    at the moment all is perfect and the laptop is colder
  • Ansh2236
    Ansh2236 Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
    reloopmst said:
    Hello everyone, I am trying to replace all the thermal pads and thermal paste in my laptop but I have one doubt.

Anyone knows what kind of thermal paste is the one in the picture marked in yellow?

I would like to know if I can replace it and if must be by thermal pads or thermal paste and in case of thermal paste if I can use the same as for the processor and graphic card.

Thanks in advance
    they are thermal putty i have same laptop btw i dont recommend you to remove those pink putty it really is a heat sucker i removed it and now i am serching for it 

• angelofacose
    angelofacose Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Ansh2236 said:
    they are thermal putty i have same laptop btw i dont recommend you to remove those pink putty it really is a heat sucker i removed it and now i am serching for it 

i replaced with thermal pads and i'm ok
  • abhishekkumar1902
    abhishekkumar1902 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    The service manual also reports something similar, see:

Thanks for sharing this man!

Does the service manual says anything about what PINK material to use while installing the heatsink back and or its application thickness?

Can you share the service manual screenshot of the HEATSINK INSTALLATION page, please 🙏
  • Digite seu comentário

Does the service manual says anything about what PINK material to use while installing the heatsink back and or its application thickness?

Can you share the service manual screenshot of the HEATSINK INSTALLATION page, please 🙏
    They don't mention the model of the thermalpads and folder that are used. See this photo:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • abhishekkumar1902
    abhishekkumar1902 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Digite seu comentário

They don't mention the model of the thermalpads and folder that are used. See this photo:

Ok, thank you so much, interestingly I wanted to order new screws as well, and this page has luckily mentioned their exact sizes. Thanks man 👍
  • Digite seu comentário

Ok, thank you so much, interestingly I wanted to order new screws as well, and this page has luckily mentioned their exact sizes. Thanks man 👍
    You are welcome!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
This discussion has been closed.