Thermal Paste and Thermal Pads (PH315-52)

13»

FAQ & Answers

• 0xdeadbeef0xdeadbeef Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

reloopmst said:
    Hello everyone, I am trying to replace all the thermal pads and thermal paste in my laptop but I have one doubt.

Anyone knows what kind of thermal paste is the one in the picture marked in yellow?

I would like to know if I can replace it and if must be by thermal pads or thermal paste and in case of thermal paste if I can use the same as for the processor and graphic card.

Thanks in advance
    That's normal, acer apply these dense pink thermal paste on memory chips because regular thermal paste is too liquidy to apply on those vrams, as they are on the border of heat sink, normal thermal paste would leak out. 

For me what I did was I kept those pink paste as it is and I replaced my GPU and CPU with thermal grizzly kryonaut paste.and it pretty much did the job for me the temperature of my CPU is now reduced by 5 -7C.
    I have 1660 ti GPU it was already cool but after repasting the temps are now of 5 degree cooler.