Acer Aspire A715-72G Touchpad Not Working

faera
faera Member Posts: 6 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have just recently bought this laptop and the touchpad doesn't work whatsoever. It's driving me wild... So far I've tried FN+F7, updating BIOS, updating drivers (I receive an error or am told they're up to date), changing touchpad from advanced > basic/vice versa and reinstalling Windows TWICE. Is there anything else I can try? Could this be a hardware issue? I'm feeling pretty desperate here as I need this laptop for work and school.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Idhardware identifies the device! I need to know the idhardware of this device:

Also, can you replace the notebook with the reseller?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • faera
    Answer ✓

I took the notebook back to the reseller, and after some troubleshooting they found that it is faulty and will need to be replaced. Thank you for the help though!

Answers

• Is there a driver with device manager problems?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • faera
    Is there a driver with device manager problems?

This is all that I can see. I've also tried running Ubuntu from a USB drive and the touchpad didn't work there either, which is making me more certain that this is a hardware issue. :(
  • Did this problem occur after updating windows 10? Did the touchpad work as soon as you turned on the notebook the first time? What is the operating system version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• faera
    edited July 2019
    Did this problem occur after updating windows 10? Did the touchpad work as soon as you turned on the notebook the first time? What is the operating system version?

It has been occurring since I booted the notebook up for the first time. My OS is Windows 10 Home version 1803 with no Windows updates appearing at the moment
  • Try uninstalling the i2c hid device driver and restart the notebook! Also tell it the ID of the i2c driver hid device! Example: 
    Resultado de imagem para id hardware device manager

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• faera
    Try uninstalling the i2c hid device driver and restart the notebook! Also tell it the ID of the i2c driver hid device! Example: 
    Resultado de imagem para id hardware device manager
    I have tried uninstalling multiple times and it unfortunately hasn't helped. What do you mean by tell it the ID? What is it? I also found this mouse after selecting view hidden devices but I'm not sure if it is related to the touchpad.

and this unknown device in the location shown in your screen capture...

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• faera
    Answer ✓

I took the notebook back to the reseller, and after some troubleshooting they found that it is faulty and will need to be replaced. Thank you for the help though!