How do i enable VRB on ACER Nitro VG220Q?

Options
aDE235
aDE235 Member Posts: 2 New User
I can enable Free Sync but it doesn't allow me to enable VRB, weird? I have tried to disable Free Sync change all my settings but it still doesn't work. I have a headache and would like answers, please.

Some additional information it doesn't let me hover over the VRB icon at all.

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for the reply mull1888, unfortunately, the PS4 only outputs in 60hz, you will need to use a PC because it needs to run @ 75Hz to enable the VRB option.

Acer-Manny

Answers

• bursia
    bursia Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    You can't change while the game is running. Also, FreeSync is turned off when VRB is turned on.
  • aDE235
    aDE235 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    bursia said:
    You can't change while the game is running. Also, FreeSync is turned off when VRB is turned on.

I know Free Sync will turn off when VRB is enabled. It's not even possible to change any settings when your HDMI is not activated (have tried recently), Thanks. 
  • Neerajkumarkalita
    Neerajkumarkalita Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    aDE235 said:
    bursia said:

I know Free Sync will turn off when VRB is enabled. It's not even possible to change any settings when your HDMI is not activated (have tried recently), Thanks. 
    I got the same problem can u say step by step how u turn on the VRB please help me....
  • mull1888
    mull1888 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    hi i have the exact same problem  could someone please reply to this thread
  • mull1888

Tinkerer

Options
    could someone reply to this thread please

• mull1888

Tinkerer

Options
    can someone reply please
  • mull1888

Tinkerer

Options
    ANYBODY  HELLO
  • mariasouza
    mariasouza Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    To enable the VRB you need to go in the Gaming menu, where you find the FreeSync and Visual Response Boost (VRB) settings.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry for the late response, please make sure you have disabled FreeSync/G-Sync from the Ghrapic control panel (NVIDIA control panel or AMD control panel) and also from the Monitor's settings, and then you should have the VRB option enabled to change:

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • mull1888

Tinkerer

Options
    i'm on ps4
  • mull1888

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    Options
    does this only work on pc because it's greyed out? 
  • mull1888

Tinkerer

Options
    anybody know how to turn this setting on?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for the reply mull1888, unfortunately, the PS4 only outputs in 60hz, you will need to use a PC because it needs to run @ 75Hz to enable the VRB option.

Acer-Manny
  • mull1888

Tinkerer

Options
    ok thank you
  • Hoshi
    Hoshi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    To make it work you need to set your refresh rate to 120Hz in nvidia control panel and then go to "Menage 3D settings" and set Preferred refresh rate to Application-controlled. You can use DisplayPort cable.