acer nitro 5 ryzen 515-42 antimalware service executable

B4ttleSky
B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi 
i need a little help here, since the purchase of laptop my ram is being eaten by this task antimalware service executable as shown in picture

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    That is a program that you absolutely need to get rid of because it looks like it is Malware itself, the only anti Malware program you need is Windows Defender.
    Do this, go to control panel/uninstall programs and if it's there uninstall it. If it isn't there go to Task Manager as you did in your pic above, right click it and select go to file location from the drop down menu, then delete the whole file. If that doesn't work go to Task Manager/Startup and disable it in the Startup list. After that make sure Windows Defender is enabled.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    B4ttleSky said:
    hi 
    i need a little help here, since the purchase of laptop my ram is being eaten by this task antimalware service executable as shown in picture
    its defender's service only turn off virus protection in windows defender it won't use your ram
  • andylb
    edited July 2019
    @rahulpareek9250 Windows Defender does not hog RAM and in the picture above it is the CPU not RAM that is being hogged. You are quite right and the process can be stopped from launching at startup it can also be rescheduled 
    @B4ttleSky read this article and all should be fixed https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/antimalware-service-executable-high-disk-usage-windows-10-8-7-solved/

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• B4ttleSky
    andylb said:
    @rahulpareek9250 Windows Defender does not hog RAM and in the picture above it is the CPU not RAM that is being hogged. You are quite right and the process can be stopped from launching at startup it can also be rescheduled 
    @B4ttleSky read this article and all should be fixed https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/antimalware-service-executable-high-disk-usage-windows-10-8-7-solved/
    thanks for the replies guys but its related to windows defender :( 

and that trick didnt fix it and its still the same... its eating alot of memory still as shown in image. please help
  • B4ttleSky
    andylb said:
    That is a program that you absolutely need to get rid of because it looks like it is Malware itself, the only anti Malware program you need is Windows Defender.
    Do this, go to control panel/uninstall programs and if it's there uninstall it. If it isn't there go to Task Manager as you did in your pic above, right click it and select go to file location from the drop down menu, then delete the whole file. If that doesn't work go to Task Manager/Startup and disable it in the Startup list. After that make sure Windows Defender is enabled.

cant delete the file, says required admin permission
  • andylb
    OK, let's temporarily turn off Windows Defender and see if you still have the same problem.
    Step 1: Click “Settings” in the “Start Menu”. And then choose “Update & Security”. 
    Step 2: Select “Windows Security” from the left pane and choose “Open Windows Defender Security Center”. 
    Step 3: Open Windows Defender’s settings, and then click on the "Virus & Threat Protection settings" link.
    Step 4: Click the Real-Time Protection, Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission switches to turn Windows Defender off.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• B4ttleSky
    andylb said:
    OK, let's temporarily turn off Windows Defender and see if you still have the same problem.
    Step 1: Click “Settings” in the “Start Menu”. And then choose “Update & Security”. 
    Step 2: Select “Windows Security” from the left pane and choose “Open Windows Defender Security Center”. 
    Step 3: Open Windows Defender’s settings, and then click on the "Virus & Threat Protection settings" link.
    Step 4: Click the Real-Time Protection, Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission switches to turn Windows Defender off.

nope, it did not work sadly :/
  • andylb
    edited July 2019
    Well it's a process of elimination so now we know that Windows Defender is not eating your memory so something else is, you can turn it back on and I'll get back to you

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• B4ttleSky
    andylb said:
    Well it's a process of elimination so now we know that Windows Defender is not eating your memory so something else is, you can turn it back on and I'll get back to you
    Ty for the response... I'll be waiting :)
  • B4ttleSky
    please i need help... its messing up my laptop :(
  • andylb
    Alt + F10 on start up and reinstall Windows, sorry but at this stage it's all I've got

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★