Aspire A515-51G: Bios 2.02

rushabshah32
rushabshah32 Member Posts: 2 New User
Has anyone having theAspire A515-51G laptop with Nvidia MX150 GPU upgraded the bios to v2.02 without issues?

I have seen posts where the previous update (1.21) messed up the GPU as the vbios was of MX130 instead, but I haven't got any result if anyone from v1.20 or prior have successfully upgraded to v2.02.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    What problem are you having that you think v2.02 will fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rushabshah32
    rushabshah32 Member Posts: 2 New User
    No problems yet,I just want to get the latest bios version.
    Also, this change may be useful for my convenience
    Change touch pad mode from basic to advance for linux sku.

• JackE
    Sorry, firmware updates are not recommended due to the much greater risk of bricking the machine than ordinary driver & app updates. I see no v2.02 reference to being able to use advanced TP mode in Linux. Firmware updates should only be applied to machines that have major or disabling issues. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Naarayanan
    Naarayanan Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    JackE said:
    Sorry, firmware updates are not recommended due to the much greater risk of bricking the machine than ordinary driver & app updates. I see no v2.02 reference to being able to use advanced TP mode in Linux. Firmware updates should only be applied to machines that have major or disabling issues. Jack E/NJ
    Hello Jacke 
    I also updates my BIOS to 2.02 but now i'am facing the battery issue showing less battery capacity. Is there any known issue of this or its just
    my battery gone wearied out? i got it 2 years back. Should  change the battery or its just a another problem. Sometimes laptops just last for 45 mins and sometime its  last for 1 hrs 15 min.

is Updates the BIOS a bad move? Even if i change battery will i face this again? is this something doing with The BIOS update?

• JackE
    Battery should be replaced soon as it has lost more than 2/3 or its capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ