can i install windows 10 on my acer chromebook 15 CB3-523

theresa777
theresa777 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was using a hp laptop windows 10 but now I am using this one the main things I do is graphic art and editing pictures and be on social networks but this is so different if I can install windows 10 on this I know it will be so much easier

Best Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Depends. To run Windows you would need to flash the BIOS and buy a license. Then to be effective you need to start with at least 4GB of RAM and a Drive of at least 48GB (64GB is better). Win 10 can be loaded on a 32GB drive but may need an extra drive to update.

In my opinion if going to change the OS then Linux is a better choice. Is a lot of information on how to change a Chromebook to Linux (the Chrome OS is a limited Linux version already).

• theresa777
    Answer ✓
    thankyou   
  • padgett
    Answer ✓
    And just discovered something strange: in the last update Google seems to have added a Debian Linux. To install got to "settings" and in the search box type "Linux" it should present an opportunity to install (they call it a "beta" but it seems to work well - is Debian GNU/Linux v9 (stretch)). Worked on both of mine.

Answers

• padgett
    Answer ✓

Depends. To run Windows you would need to flash the BIOS and buy a license. Then to be effective you need to start with at least 4GB of RAM and a Drive of at least 48GB (64GB is better). Win 10 can be loaded on a 32GB drive but may need an extra drive to update.

In my opinion if going to change the OS then Linux is a better choice. Is a lot of information on how to change a Chromebook to Linux (the Chrome OS is a limited Linux version already).

• theresa777
    Answer ✓
    thankyou   
  • padgett
    Answer ✓
    And just discovered something strange: in the last update Google seems to have added a Debian Linux. To install got to "settings" and in the search box type "Linux" it should present an opportunity to install (they call it a "beta" but it seems to work well - is Debian GNU/Linux v9 (stretch)). Worked on both of mine.