Acer VN7-792G-79LX - Power button not working

jmjxperia
jmjxperia Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Power button doesn't work
To switch it on i have to keep pressed any other key if i keep it like that the laptop functions normally but if i release it it switches off. I tried pressing reset button ,nothing helped.

Answers

• Is your notebook an a515-51?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jmjxperia
    Is your notebook an a515-51?
    No.Acer Vn7 792g Black edition
  • Can you tell the exact model? Example VN7-792G-70KY! Also, is your notebook still under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jmjxperia
    Can you tell the exact model? Example VN7-792G-70KY! Also, is your notebook still under warranty?
    Acer VN7 792g 79LX ..Not under warranty
  • A similar problem is occurring with the a515-51g models! Have you tried opening the notebook and then disconnecting the keyboard?
    https://youtu.be/0hT2ZCEzI78

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmjxperia
    A similar problem is occurring with the a515-51g models! Have you tried opening the notebook and then disconnecting the keyboard?
    https://youtu.be/0hT2ZCEzI78
    I havent tried. I m scared to open
  • There are a few tips you can try, such as battery reset:
    Check for a function called function behavior in uefi:
    Resultado de imagem para function key behavior
    However, the more likely it is that you will have to check the keyboard connection with the motherboard!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmjxperia
    There are a few tips you can try, such as battery reset:
    Check for a function called function behavior in uefi:
    Resultado de imagem para function key behavior
    However, the more likely it is that you will have to check the keyboard connection with the motherboard!
    I have tried battery reset ,it didnt help.I checked bios,there is no such setting  ;_;. I think power button keeps working randomly after booting to windows . Laptop turns ON by pressing any key other than power key.But if i release the key it turns OFF.So I either tap/hold any key to continue the boot and use the OS
  • jmjxperia
    i think i need to approach nearest service centre
  • Okay! It's really a complicated pouco to open or notebook! Post or result here later!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmjxperia
    Its keyboard complaint. Need to replace it.
  • jmjxperia
    Its hard to get backlit keyboard in my region.So.I was wondering what if I order it online and give it to repair shop to replace.I want to know if VN7-572 VN7-572G VN7-572TG VN7-592G VN7-792G are  having same keyboards.
  • Have you checked if it's just a bad connection between the keyboard and the motherboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmjxperia
    Have you checked if it's just a bad connection between the keyboard and the motherboard?
    Repair guy opened and checked. He said its keyboard issue.Power button automatically gets short when we power ON
  • Have you replaced the keyboard yet? Is the notebook working properly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmjxperia
    Have you replaced the keyboard yet? Is the notebook working properly?
    I didnt replace keyboard yet because of unavailability of backlit in my region,that is y i asked are  VN7-572 VN7-572G VN7-572TG VN7-592G suitable for my device's keyboard. Laptop works if i hold or tap another key ,if i release it switches OFF
  • I still think you can check if it's just a bad connection on the motherboard! You can send a private message to your Acer dealer authorized kev0806 and ask if it sends the keyboard to India!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmjxperia
    I still think you can check if it's just a bad connection on the motherboard! You can send a private message to your Acer dealer authorized kev0806 and ask if it sends the keyboard to India!
    Are u sure its a connection issue with motherboard because I havent tried to open it before this issue occured .Does this happen without disassembling the laptop? It happened in a sudden .
  • jmjxperia
    I still think you can check if it's just a bad connection on the motherboard! You can send a private message to your Acer dealer authorized kev0806 and ask if it sends the keyboard to India!
    How to private message kev0806 ?
  • Here my friend: @Kev0806

egydiocoelho Trailblazer