Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

NFC on W510?

I noticed a label on the back of my Iconia W510 that says NFC. I haven't seen anything in any of the promotions about NFC on the W510. Does the W510 have NFC, and do I need to do anything to "set it up," etc.? More asking for future reference than anything. I don't have an NFC phone right now.

FAQ & Answers

• nicholsonmanicholsonma Posts: 10Member

If you swipe in the Charms and select PC settings and go to Wireless you'll see option to turn on NFC (as well as Bluetooth).  Not sure what you can do with it at this point but the system has it.

• geekzedgegeekzedge Posts: 1Member

I have been testing out NFC on my Motorola RAZR i and am able to beam a few things, mostly via a web link (i.e. a URL to a webpage opens a browser with that webpage, when in Facebook, it the Iconia launches the Play Store as if to download the facebook application).

It really depends on the source and destination of NFC.  Seems to work better between like devices both running Androd Beam or Samsun's S Beam.  Here's an informative article about NFC beaming.

http://mostly-tech.com/2012/10/08/what-samsung-google-dont-tell-you-about-beaming/

GE

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online254

allu666
allu666
andylb
andylb
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
Kostas_Pask
Kostas_Pask
MeisterDexo
MeisterDexo
paulojuniore98
paulojuniore98
Puddynose
Puddynose
Qnev1
Qnev1
Sharanji
Sharanji
spearhead
spearhead
Troodle
Troodle
+243 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.