Acer Switch 5 (SW512-52) - Fingerprint sensor issue with Windows 10 Home version 1903

Options
pkz1
pkz1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Since Windows 10 upgraded to version 1903, my fingerprint reader stopped working.  This is the second time that I've experienced this issue; the last time was about a year ago following another Windows 10 update when the device stopped working until a later update restored the function).  I've already tried to reinstall the fingerprint sensor driver, but that has not helped.  When I attempt to retrain the device to recognize my fingerprint, the setup starts out normally and each time after it scans my fingerprint the first time, the setup screen stops (or freezes) and the only option that works is to cancel setup or close the window.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated to restore the fingerprint sensor function.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm seeing the same issue with a Switch 7 BE, though it was an update to 1903, not 1903 itself that caused the problem. I assume MS will do another update soon that adds our sensor back into the supported types.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Can you confirm how you managed to get your Switch to even update to 1903, I have not been able to get mine past 1803 as feature update keeps failing
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    My sensor stopped working again this week, but only for a couple of days and now it's back working again. I really think MS is tweaking Windows Hello on us.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • j4k4
    j4k4 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited July 2020
    Options
    huuft... solution for swicth 5 ????