My Predator Helios 300 keeps booting forever

CheeseBoi
CheeseBoi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I was going to launch a game when the laptop froze completely in file explorer. I couldn't change windows, I couldn't do anything other than moving the cursor around. I thought it was it's usual "file explorer died" thing and soon it'll ask me to either wait for the program or to end it (this happened to me a few times before). It wasn't the case and after a few minutes of waiting followed by few minutes of smashing any possibly helpful keyboard shortcuts (none of them did anything) I held the power button. Surprisingly the shut down window opened and allowed me to click on the buttons in it, they did nothing. So I decided to hold the button to force it to turn off, which I succeeded at, but that only made things worse. Upon turning it on again rather than the usual 20 seconds I waited for half an hour before I decided to turn it off again. When I turned it on again I was greeted with text under the loading circle saying: Preparing Automatic Repair. This process took the usual half minute and it did a wonderful job of allowing me to move the cursor around a black screen, sweet! When I turn it on again it again goes forever, than turn on again for black screen, again for forever, etc, etc... I also tried entering BIOS (in both situations) but with no reaction. I also tried battery reset which effectively killed whatever was left after predator sense that kept my fans spinning at top speed, so now at least I don't have a jet engine in my room everytime I try something. Also I'm pretty dissapointed with Acer customer service for my laptop is after it's warranty and so I'd get a person to help me, IF I PAID FOR IT. Thanks Acer, real nice of you that you slam that in my face and even try talk about it like you're doing so much for your customers. Anyway, any ideas?

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    CheeseBoi Reset it to acer factory windows (fresh install) ALT+F10 on boot but first try to backup anything you would need because you would have to format everything for a fresh install and loose everything also if the laptop is freezing might even be a game issue have you tried any other games are you having thermal throttling issues ?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• CheeseBoi
    CheeseBoi Member Posts: 2 New User
    xapim said:
    CheeseBoi Reset it to acer factory windows (fresh install) ALT+F10 on boot but first try to backup anything you would need because you would have to format everything for a fresh install and loose everything also if the laptop is freezing might even be a game issue have you tried any other games are you having thermal throttling issues ?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I cannot get factory settings, cannot backup my stuff, I can't do anything because the thing will not turn on. But anyway I took it to servis and HDD was dead but still recognizable so the laptop would try to start it and would get stuck at that for literally forever. Lost some of my stuff and payed little unpleasant bill, but now the laptop is back in working condition.
  • Percy321
    Percy321 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020

CheeseBoi said:
    xapim said:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I cannot get factory settings, cannot backup my stuff, I can't do anything because the thing will not turn on. But anyway I took it to servis and HDD was dead but still recognizable so the laptop would try to start it and would get stuck at that for literally forever. Lost some of my stuff and payed little unpleasant bill, but now the laptop is back in working condition.
    Hey I’m having the exact same issue. Before it went to either doing a “ automatic repair to black screen loop where you can only move your cursor “or just taking forever to boot up, my laptop kept on having randomly corrupted files and couldn’t launch games. Does this mean I have to replace the hard drive?