Are switch keyboards universal between sizes?

Renan003
Renan003 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
My girlfriend found a very cheap Acer switch alpha 12, the one that has an i5 6200u, but it doesn't have a keyboard. I was digging around and couldn't find a replacement for it, but I found one that comes for the i3 version (12 inches and 6th gen as well). My question is: will it work on the i5 version? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I don't believe they are compatible, or at least have not been tested as such. I have seen the SA12 keyboards on eBay, so there are some out there. Just make sure it's for any of the SA12 models and you should be good. It doesn't matter which processor was installed, but it does matter with newer 12" Switch models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Renan003
    Renan003 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    I don't believe they are compatible, or at least have not been tested as such. I have seen the SA12 keyboards on eBay, so there are some out there. Just make sure it's for any of the SA12 models and you should be good. It doesn't matter which processor was installed, but it does matter with newer 12" Switch models.
    I found one at eBay, the seller claims it belongs to an Acer aspire switch 12" i3 6th gen, I was just wondering if it would fit on the same Acer aspire switch 12", but the i5 6th gen version
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    The US/CA part no. is NK.I1213.03Z for all the SA5-271 models, i3, i5 & i7. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kev0806
    Kev0806 Member, Parts Partner Posts: 89 Authorized Parts Partner
    The NK.I1213.03Z is no longer being manufactured and is no longer available. We are suggesting replacing with the French Canadian version which will work as an english keyboard but has a few extra features. Part number NK.I121A.00W is available on our website at the following link. 

https://www.sourceitstore.ca/product/nk-i121a-00w/
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303