My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42-R6GV - Ryzen variant GPU problem

TanmayGangwar
TanmayGangwar Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
My acer nitro 5 ryzen variant uses the gpu (rx560 4gb) when plugged in but when i plug it out and then again plug it again (when i need to change my position in the home) the gpu doesn't work the games start to lag and  then i have to restart the laptop again to make it work.i have set everything on high performance (i.e. power plan and radeon settings) please help me.
Namaste,
LIFE IS SHORT MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT 
Always ready to help...
IF i helped please click yes

Best Answer

• TanmayGangwar
    Answer ✓
    Okay found my answer  a simple reset of windows fixed it. it was not a GPU problem. The windows was guilty
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening TanmayGangwar !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    What version of Windows 10 are you using?
    What version of Adrenalin?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    make sure your RX560x is selected in Switchable Graphics for your games and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TanmayGangwar
    Greetings,@MaClane

My system variant is AN515-42 (Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-42-R6GV Gaming Laptop  (15.6 inch, Black, 2.7 kg)
    My OS is Windows 10 home single language
    And how to do i find the adrenalin version in radeon settings? (my radeon settings show version 19.6.3 where we can check for updates or perform updates )
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • TanmayGangwar
    Greetings,@andylb

i am sure that i have selected all my games to run on high performance. game works fine till the time laptop is plugged in but if i need to move around the house with my laptop and charger and when i unplug and plug it again the games starts to lag until i restart my laptop
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • andylb
    OK so 19.6.3 is the latest Adrenalin version so it doesn't need updating, the check for update button is here

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited July 2019
    Greetings,@andylb

i am sure that i have selected all my games to run on high performance. game works fine till the time laptop is plugged in but if i need to move around the house with my laptop and charger and when i unplug and plug it again the games starts to lag until i restart my laptop
    Please double check your Switchable Graphics in Adrenalin. Go to the System tab then  Switchable Graphics/Running Applications/Installed Profile Applications/Browse, then navigate to each games .exe file (usually in Programs or Programs.86) and import each .exe one at a time, then select High performance in each one. This should work I am sure your Switchable Graphics is not setup like this, if it was it will work all the time.
    Also last thing make sure your battery is at 100% before you game and stays plugged in while you game, if not it will revert to lower settings and
    make sure that AC is set on high performance in Nitrosense

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TanmayGangwar
    Greetings @andylb

Okay I am gonna do as you said and one more thing u said if laptop unplugs it reverts is there any way I can stop that reverting process?
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • andylb
    Greetings @andylb

Okay I am gonna do as you said and one more thing u said if laptop unplugs it reverts is there any way I can stop that reverting process?
    It would only revert if the games aren't selected permanently as outlined above, please do the above then report back

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• malhar_27
    malhar_27 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought the AMD ryzen 5 version of the nitro 5 2019 that too 2 days back. It's the model without SSD and has a 1tb HDD. In the beginning when I right clicked the mouse button, AMD Radeon settings appeared. So, when I play games, they automatically run on the integrated GPU and not the RX 560X. Then I tried to switch the graphics to the dedicated one but it vain. Then I tried to get the answer from YouTube and the people suggested to download the AMD catalyser centre. I did so and in that too there was no such option as 'switchable graphics'. After that when I opened my laptop today and right clicked the mouse button , instead of AMD RADEON SETTINGS, AMD catalyser control is shown!! Also when the AMD Radeon settings worked, there was no support to the amd freesync too. I really need some help here. 
  • andylb
    edited October 2019

@malhar_27
    Download and install AMD Adrenalin Center from here

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-9-2

First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.9.2  or higher and click express upgrade

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

in Switchable Graphics make sure your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and it will be monitored 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TanmayGangwar
    Answer ✓
    Okay found my answer  a simple reset of windows fixed it. it was not a GPU problem. The windows was guilty
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • andylb
    It was that .dll file and it was corrupted. Resetting Windows reinstalled it cleanly. Amen

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TanmayGangwar
    @andylb this issue was very old it was fixed by a simple reset of my windows at that time I was using 19.12.1 if you think from my other post that atixx.dll was causing this i don't think so the .dll  was fine then
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • andylb
    @andylb this issue was very old it was fixed by a simple reset of my windows at that time I was using 19.12.1 if you think from my other post that atixx.dll was causing this i don't think so the .dll  was fine then

Sorry I got the two posts mixed up, it's easy when you are dealing with 10 questions at the same time

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★