Cannot restore Acer Windows from recovery partition after installing "clean" Windows

waskyyy
waskyyy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Recently I've bought new notebook Acer Aspire A515-52G. I decided to install clean Windows (without stuff from Acer) from official website. Now I have to turn back laptop for warranty and I cannot restore system from recovery partition to previous Windows. I didn't format anything or delete any partition. Even when I'm choosing "Restore system to default settings" it restoring to default setting but mine instance of clean Windows! I've tried Acer Care Care Center, and tried to restore it from Settings but the same results.

Anyone?

Documentation says that I need to use Care Center but it's still restoring "clean" version of Windows!

I have also tried making recovery USB but when I'm choosing option "restore system image" it says that there's no image found on computer disk.

The same happens when I'm trying boot into recovery partition using ALT and F10 - no images found on computer.

I'm sure(!) that I didn't format any recovery partition during installation of clean Windows... Did clean installation of W10 overwritten Recovery?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes! When you used the pendrive with the iso from microsoft, you installed it on the Acer c:\! It is on this partition that the hidden recovery partition provided by Acer! Why do you need to ship the notebook to the Acer service center under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes! When you used the pendrive with the iso from microsoft, you installed it on the Acer c:\! It is on this partition that the hidden recovery partition provided by Acer! Why do you need to ship the notebook to the Acer service center under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)