Upgrade options for my SF314-53G-550F (Swift 3 Iron Man Edition)

blackonyx97
blackonyx97 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Would just like to ask what are the upgrade options for my SF314-53G-550F (Swift 3 Iron Man Edition) in terms of RAM and storage. What is the maximum RAM and storage that could be accommodated by the laptop? Thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    Hi,
    You have on-board memory only in your model, so no slots available for memory upgrade, you have two M.2 SSD slots, one next to CMOS battery and the other one next to the fan, one of them is a NVMe capable slot and the other one is M.2 SATA slot( I am not sure which one is NVMe, you may have to try the SSD and find out), both can accept up to 512GB of recommended maximum size SSDs.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-53G/70258
  • QuantumYURI
    QuantumYURI Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I also have the Ironman edition Swift 3. So sad that I bought a 2.5" SSD only to find out it uses an M.2 slot. 
    Though since there are two slots, does that mean I can just connect another SSD to the other slot and I'll instantly get extra storage? 
    Also, can you highlight where in the picture I'll upload is the actual locations and which connections I have to watch out for?
    Thanks a bunch! 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    Hello, I also have the Ironman edition Swift 3. So sad that I bought a 2.5" SSD only to find out it uses an M.2 slot. 
    Though since there are two slots, does that mean I can just connect another SSD to the other slot and I'll instantly get extra storage? 
    Also, can you highlight where in the picture I'll upload is the actual locations and which connections I have to watch out for?
    Thanks a bunch! 
    Hi,
    Yes, you can add another M.2 SSD, one near the battery and the other next to the fan, take care of the WiFi cables, move them to a side when you install the SSD.

• Kaifcze
    Kaifcze Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited November 2019
    brummyfan2 , can you just remove the on board 8 gig ram and change it to a 16 gig ram on this version? and what is the memory limit on the 2nd m.2 slot?
  • Kaifcze said:
    brummyfan2 , can you just remove the on board 8 gig ram and change it to a 16 gig ram on this version? and what is the memory limit on the 2nd m.2 slot?
    No, on-board memory is soldered so it's not possible for users to upgrade memory, you may ask Acer support centre in your region, they may be able to help you.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/