Aspire 3 A315-51 won't charge

u2pilotjt
u2pilotjt Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I searched the forum and can't find this one yet so I'll just ask.  I've allowed my Aspire 3 to sit for a month or so without using it and when I plugged it in tonight to charge it, I get no charge light; it's dead.  I did the stuff I found online; held the power button for 15sec, pushed the battery reset button on the back for 5sec and waited several minutes before plugging it back in.....still no charge indicator.  The charge plug has just over 19V at the banana plug that goes into the computer; so there's power.

Suggestions from here?

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @u2pilotjt ,
    Also try doing bios default try the following steps below;
    1. Completely shut down your computer.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.     Also try uninstalling and re-installing the battery drivers; follow the steps;

1. Click Start. ...
    2. Click Continue. ...
    3. In the list of device types, click the kind of device, and then locate the specific device that is not functioning.
    4. Right-click the device, and then click Properties.
    5. Click the Driver tab.
    6. Click Uninstall.
    7. Click OK.

Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• u2pilotjt

Tinkerer

Well, the problem is that the system won't start either....the battery is dead.
  • u2pilotjt

Tinkerer

should I open it up and see if there's power getting through the charge plug to the board??
  • u2pilotjt

Tinkerer

u2pilotjt said:
    should I open it up and see if there's power getting through the charge plug to the board??
    Disregard - opened her up and I'm getting power onto the board; so it's not a supply problem - I don't think.
  • u2pilotjt

Tinkerer

Du_little said:
    Hi @u2pilotjt ,
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.     Also try uninstalling and re-installing the battery drivers; follow the steps;

1. Click Start. ...
    2. Click Continue. ...
    3. In the list of device types, click the kind of device, and then locate the specific device that is not functioning.
    5. Click the Driver tab.
    6. Click Uninstall.
    7. Click OK.

Thanks for the response.  Problem is, the battery is dead enough the computer won't start and it's not charging. No charge LED is lighting up.  I'm getting power to the board (I checked).  My real question is if this is an indication of a bad battery and if a replacement should fix it?
  • JH119
    JH119 Member Posts: 2 New User
    u2pilotjt said:
    Du_little said:
    Hi @u2pilotjt ,

1. Click Start. ...
    2. Click Continue. ...
    5. Click the Driver tab.
    6. Click Uninstall.
    7. Click OK.

Thanks for the response.  Problem is, the battery is dead enough the computer won't start and it's not charging. No charge LED is lighting up.  I'm getting power to the board (I checked).  My real question is if this is an indication of a bad battery and if a replacement should fix it?

Hi u2pilotjt
    I have exactly the same problem as you. Did you get anywhere with it? I have power to the board but no charging lights. I've tried the reset battery button too.
    thanks
  • DTrix
    DTrix Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2021
    I have a similar problem in addition it makes an uninterrupted beep as long as the RAM bay cover is on and the charger is plugged. If you found any solution would like to try it out too.