Acer r3 n15w5 laptop not charging

Jprin152
Jprin152 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. I'm trying to fix the laptop in the title. The battery charge light won't come one at all. So far I've tested the AC adapter and it's at 18.75v, tried the battery reset with the pinhole in the bottom. I disconnected and reconnected the CMOS battery (the voltage reading is 3v with that) and I have tested the battery voltages itself and it reads at 11.6v. I have also tried directly pressing the microswitch and letting it "charge" for a few minutes. I am at a loss at the moment with what could be wrong. 

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Jprin152 ,
    Try uninstalling and re-installing the battery drivers in your computer, follow the below steps ;
    1. Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. ...
    2. Now click Batteries in the Device Manager window.
    3. Next, you should right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall from the context menu.
    4. Click Uninstall to confirm.
    5. Restart your computer, the uninstalled drivers will get updated automatically
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• Jprin152

Tinkerer

Hello @Du_little I should've added that it's not Turing on either. It was my mom's laptop so odds are that it's not been updated either. It acts like it is completely bricked and power locked. 
  • Du_little
    Jprin152 said:
    Hello @Du_little I should've added that it's not Turing on either. It was my mom's laptop so odds are that it's not been updated either. It acts like it is completely bricked and power locked. 
    Hi @Jprin152 ,
    Try doing a bios default, follow steps below:
    1. Completely shut down your computer.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

• Jprin152

Tinkerer

Du_little said:
    Jprin152 said:
    Hi @Jprin152 ,
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    It won't power on. That's where I'm stuck. It seems like power isn't getting to the battery at all. I've checked all the connections I can think of and they are getting power. There is no charging light or anything.
  • Du_little
    Hi @Jprin152
    Jprin152 said:
    Du_little said:
    Jprin152 said:
    Hi @Jprin152 ,
    It won't power on. That's where I'm stuck. It seems like power isn't getting to the battery at all. I've checked all the connections I can think of and they are getting power. There is no charging light or anything.
    Then the issue might be issue with the hardware of the unit, check with local store techinician

• Jprin152

Tinkerer

Hello. This problem still persists. I took it to a tech and they couldn't find the issue. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    On your model (R3-131T) the power socket is connected to the motherboard with wires that run from that corner about midway through the base to the edge of the motherboard. If that cable has failed or become disconnected you'd see similar issues. Try using your meter to verify the full voltage is getting all the way to the MB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.