Acer Predator XB273K Pbmiphzx issues - maybe not so bad?

Options
gjc
gjc Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi, so I buy this super gaming monitor and it turns out... comes with a couple of problems:
  • Occasional flickering on the screen - The image doesn't go completely black but it's like a 1 second refresh that happens when on desktop » connected via displayport
  • Very occasional monitor not showing any image when booting » connected via displayport
  • And now the most troubling, at least for me, one dead pixel... 
I've had so many bad experiences returning monitors that as a consumer I'm now in a very sad spot which is thinking that a 1300 euros worth monitor that should be in mint conditions maybe ... just maybe it's not that bad... occasional flickering and only one dead pixel all of a sudden doesn't seem that bad compared with going through the technical support and end up with an even worst unit!

Is this the new consumer era we reached? Consumers that buy flagship products and when facing issues being so afraid of the technical support that we end up with "it's not that bad..."

Answers

• gjc

Tinkerer

Options
    Any comment?
  • gjc

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm now experiencing some serious flickering via display port, mainly while gaming the monitor disconnects and re-connects a second or 2 later, any ideas about what's going on? maybe gsync module not working properly?
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    gjc said:
    I'm now experiencing some serious flickering via display port, mainly while gaming the monitor disconnects and re-connects a second or 2 later, any ideas about what's going on? maybe gsync module not working properly?
    calling in for Community avengers.. @egydiocoelho , MaClane
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur on the hdmi port? Have you tried to decrease the refresh rate?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gjc

Tinkerer

Options
    I didn't try with hdmi because I bought this monitor to go beyond 60hz, I'll try changing the refresh rate although I'm not using the 144hz option already to avoid potential issues and set it at 120hz instead.
  • jsnirizarry
    jsnirizarry Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. Anyone know if this has been resolved?
  • JKCM32
    JKCM32 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    same flickering here via HDMI, also any brightness beyond 96 makes like it constantly rebooting itself