Options
jhayu
jhayu Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Model: Acer nitro 5 
Ram: 4gb (default)
          8gb 2400 (new installed)
processor: amd ryzen 5

I have tested my 2 ram but they work individually..but if they were both inserted, 1st boot is black screen(fan not spinning but keyboard and led light is on) and need to force shutdown and reboot again to work. what is the problem?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes! Ideally you should replace it with a compatible memory! You can download the crucial tool: https://www.crucial.com/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yep that was my thought too, so just order another 8gb RAM the same as the one you just bought. Anyway 16gb RAM matched is far better than 12gb mismatched

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Could you tell the exact model of your notebook? an515-42?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jhayu
    Options
    yes exactly..acer nitro 5 an515-42
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I checked if there was an update for your model and I found this:

I do not know if this update refers to the RAM or memory of the video card!
    However, it would be interesting to report the exact models of the rams' memoirs!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jhayu
    Options
    My bios version was updated. I have been searching for the fix and they said that updating bios version will fix the issue but still nothing happens.
  • jhayu
    Options

this is the new ram
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the notebook only work with both rams memories, after forcing the shutdown? If so, check for a fast boot function on the bios and disable it and also disable fast startup in the windows power options! I would like to know the models of memories rams!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jhayu
    Options
    nope..both rams when inserted individually does work but when they are both insrted then black screen. the other ram is posted on the previous post..ill be uploading their specs later
  • jhayu
    Options
    Ram Specification
  • andylb
    Options
    Please post exact specs of the RAM you added, I suspect mismatched RAM

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Which of the two memories came from the factory?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jhayu
    Options
    the 4gb ddr4 ram came from factory
    while the 8gb ddr4 ram is upgrade
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There are some incompatibility between memories rams! Can you still replace it?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jhayu
    Options
    im afraid not. but if possible can i replace the factory ram which matches with the new ram 8gb as seen on the pic above.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes! Ideally you should replace it with a compatible memory! You can download the crucial tool: https://www.crucial.com/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yep that was my thought too, so just order another 8gb RAM the same as the one you just bought. Anyway 16gb RAM matched is far better than 12gb mismatched

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• jhayu
    Options
    ok..ill update you if same issue happens after upgrade
  • andylb
    Options
    jhayu said:
    ok..ill update you if same issue happens after upgrade
    @jhayo If you think that we answered your question please click YES to "Did this answer your question" for my answer and my friend @egydiocoelho  

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @dfox0120 please start a new Topic of your own and we will be happy to provide you with some answers this topic is already marked SOLVED, thank you

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★