Coolboost installation problem - Acer AN515-51

Options
2»

Answers

• BrusselSproutMan
    BrusselSproutMan Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your help, really appreciated.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Nitro and Predator are designed to run hot but the limit is 90 c with the occasional spike. I use a Targus cooling mat with it's own USB powered fans. Some if the Nitros were badly pasted you can repaste with Grizzly for a 7 to 10 deg drop but it may invalidate the warranty. If it remains a problem I would get Acer to repaste

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Options
    And another question; Is it safe to run Throttle Stop at the same time as Predator sense? If i could combine my devolt and de-turbo with the fans at max it would be good to try.
    I think you can

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• BrusselSproutMan
    BrusselSproutMan Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks. So ive got temps down to about 90 max, much much better. So undervolted to -130, and the big thing was limiting cpu power in power options. Set it to 70%. Windows reset this on an update. Thanks windows for being a massive pain in the *****. Usually it runs at 85 degrees now with the occasional spike. Thanks for your help, really appreciated. Ps. I don't use throttlestop now, just intel extreme utility and i set fans on max thru predator sense when im pushing the system. 
  • Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have Acer VN7-592G (Acer Nitro) and I installed fresh windows on SSD. As a result, I had to reinstall QuickAccess but it does not show me cool boost. And now I can't even remove it because of this Radio Management Service.
    I tried command prompt with admin rights and it still said access denied!

Is Nitro sense compatible with mine? I never got it with nitrosense from factory.
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Shumayal said:
    I have Acer VN7-592G (Acer Nitro) and I installed fresh windows on SSD. As a result, I had to reinstall QuickAccess but it does not show me cool boost. And now I can't even remove it because of this Radio Management Service.
    I tried command prompt with admin rights and it still said access denied!

Is Nitro sense compatible with mine? I never got it with nitrosense from factory.

So that we can better help answer your question can you please start your own topic, this topic is already marked "Solved". Thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★