Acer switch 10 e takes too long to charge -10hrs

Ananthup
Ananthup Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a 5.3v to 2A charger with micro usb connector like the ones we have in android phones. 
I tried it with fast charger and tests says battery is also in good condition. But still it takes up 10 hrs to fully charge when it's on. 6 hrs when it's off. My model have 1 TB HDD when docked. I raised a complaint to Acer too and service engineers took and gave it back saying there's no problem. This is supposed to be like this. Please help

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited June 2019
    Hi!!

Ananthup 

To verify, are you using the original AC adapter, which came along with computer? 
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• Ananthup
    Yes. it came along with the box. 5.35v --- 2A. model ADP -10HW A.
    FYI, from 93% to fully charge, it says 1 hr 45 mins .

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    That model is designed to do quick charging with the tablet turned off, with the tablet on it does just a bit better than maintaining the charge, as you see.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ananthup
    but with tablet turned off, it'll take 6-7 hrs.
  • Ananthup
    Will i get any change in time if i change my charger to fast charger or will it fry my tablet?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    It shouldn't fry anything if the voltages are the same, but it won't charge faster because the system charges at the same rate whether the supply is the right size or bigger.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.