Left Hinge, Bottom Left Back Cover, & Part of bot. left Broke w/ small screen damage

AJIV327
AJIV327 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got an Acer Nitro 5 for Christmas 2018. I love it as a laptop, but one day I discovered the back started to crack. Before I could fix it, a 2-inch wide piece of the bottom left back cover came off, separated into 3 pieces. I tried to super glue it, but after about a day it cracked. Now it is tilted at around a 140-degree angle. Whenever I try to lift it up, without breaking the frame, it slowly goes back down. One time when I tried to lift it up, part of the screen dimmed from the frame being separated from the screen. It starts an inch from the left edge. I want to try to fix it without spending 100$ on new parts. Help!
If there isn't a cheap way, try to link good deals on parts, please!

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If the user accidentally damaged the notebook, in this case, the hardware warranty would be excluded!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Have you contacted Acer technical support to have the notebook repaired? https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AJIV327

Tinkerer

Have you contacted Acer technical support to have the notebook repaired? https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    Yes, they said it would cost 100-200 dollars to repair (I may be wrong). They said the best option would be to superglue it. That was before the hinge broke, so it would probably cost a lot more.
  • If your notebook is under warranty, and this problem was not caused by the user, technical support should remedy the problem under warranty!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AJIV327

Tinkerer

If your notebook is under warranty, and this problem was not caused by the user, technical support should remedy the problem under warranty!
    Sadly, I accidentally cracked it somehow, being unaware of how it happened. I also do not think it has a warranty, so I may have to scout out good deals for new parts.
  • What is the exact model of nitro 5? Example an515-51-75kz! You can contact your acer dealer, which is called kev0806! Send a private message to it!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AJIV327

Tinkerer

What is the exact model of nitro 5? Example an515-51-75kz! You can contact your acer dealer, which is called kev0806! Send a private message to it!
    I am pretty sure my model is AN515-53-52. I may be wrong.
  • Now, if you bought the notebook in December 2018, should not it be in the warranty period?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AJIV327

Tinkerer

After using the Warranty Status tool, I discovered that I have a one year warranty until 3/25/2020.
    The whole model description is: AN515-53-52FA-US W10HGML64NT/I5-8300H/BT/GTX 1050/8G/1TB/4L3.22/15.6
    If I accidentally cracked it, would the warranty still replace it / fix it?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If the user accidentally damaged the notebook, in this case, the hardware warranty would be excluded!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Send a message to the dealer kev0806!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gouravsinghbajeli
    gouravsinghbajeli Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

but if it happend on its own and the screen is not damged.