Predator Helios 300 - G3 571 Charger keeps connecting and disconnecting

RNGFX
RNGFX Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops
Hi, I've got a weird problem where suddenly My laptop's (Predator Helios 300 - G3 571) charger keeps connecting and disconnecting automatically. I've tried resetting the battery, changing charging ports, Uninstalling the drivers, Draining and charging it back again however the problem still persists. After draining my battery I did charge it up and it was working perfectly until it hit 88% when the problem again started. The problem starts occurring as soon as it hits 88% . Anyone help would be appreciated. Thank you
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• RNGFX
    RNGFX Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Also, While draining the battery, The laptop switched off automatically around 20-25% without any "low battery warning" or entering into hibernation mode. It just completely switches around 20-25%. Thought this info would also be helpful as I read somewhere "To drain the battery until it enters hibernation mode and then charging it up solved the problem"  
  • Hello! Does this occur mostly in games? Have you checked if this button is being pressed properly?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sUwUp
    sUwUp Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Having the same issue, did you find a fix?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    sUwUp said:
    Have you tried the solution posted above by @egydiocoelho and also a battery power drain and uninstall the acpi driver and reinstall it ?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Anshul_Joshi
    Anshul_Joshi Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    sUwUp said:
    Have you tried the solution posted above by @egydiocoelho and also a battery power drain and uninstall the acpi driver and reinstall it ?

thanks in advance. yup i did tried all these method but then also problem is not solved and cycle of charging and discharging is still going on by the noticeable 'beep' sound. I guess its defective battery issue. 
  • Anshul_Joshi

Tinkerer

Hello! Does this occur mostly in games? Have you checked if this button is being pressed properly?

yes i checked it is pressed properly, by the way what this button is for ? and this problem not only happens in games but everytime , even if my laptop is idle on power plugged in.
  • This button prevents the notebook from being inadvertently turned on when it is being disassembled! I suggest you put some layers of electrical tape, to make sure the button is actually being pressed correctly!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Anshul_Joshi

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    This button prevents the notebook from being inadvertently turned on when it is being disassembled! I suggest you put some layers of electrical tape, to make sure the button is actually being pressed correctly!

did it already by sticking a small piece of cardboard, it doesnot make any difference. by the thanks for info
  • Try uninstalling the battery and AC adapter drivers and then restart the notebook:
    Resultado de imagem para driver bateria e adaptador ca

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Preadtor
    Preadtor Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    my laptop is not chaging after 84% and it even shutting down at 30%.
    charger keeps connecting and disconnecting automatically. I've tried resetting the battery, changing charging ports, Uninstalling the drivers, Draining and charging it back again however the problem still persists. After draining my battery I did charge it up and it was working perfectly until it hit 84% when the problem again started. The problem starts occurring as soon as it hits 84%
  • Zerosec
    Zerosec Member Posts: 3 New User
    Exact issue is causing problems for my Acer predator helios 300 as well. Would like to acquire a fix soon. Have tried all the mentioned method.
    Reconnecting cables -->doesn't works
    Uninstalling drivers -->doesn't works
    Keeping that button beside RAM pressed -->doesn't works
    Charger keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at around 96%
    Hope to get a solution.
  • Did you try to update the notebook drivers and bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    If nothing works, get it checked at the service center.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • vedhsuthar
    vedhsuthar Member Posts: 46 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I'm getting the same problem here but at 95%, I think Acer updated something (see my recent post)
    ⊂((・▽・))⊃
  • XdxD
    I'm getting the same problem here but at 95%, I think Acer updated something (see my recent post)
    If they had done that, it should have affected all G3-572 owners.
  • It would not only have affected g3-572 users, but it would have affected users of the an515-51, g3-571, g3-573 and ph317-51 models as they all use the same motherboard. It would be interesting if he upgraded the bios to version 1.22 and windows to version 1903, because I have the an515-51-75kz model and I don't have these problems.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    It would not only have affected g3-572 users, but it would have affected users of the an515-51, g3-571, g3-573 and ph317-51 models as they all use the same motherboard. It would be interesting if he upgraded the bios to version 1.22 and windows to version 1903, because I have the an515-51-75kz model and I don't have these problems.
    My BIOS was upgraded to 1.22 in 1809. Then I moved to 1903. Even before my clean install, I didn't have this problem.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    i never had any issues and im on 1.20 since the first week i got it upgraded from 1.19 just because no special reason and never moved up again and not intending to either never had any issues with anything and also 1809 stable here  :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• vedhsuthar
    I upgraded everything to latest version, but still having the same problem!

⊂((・▽・))⊃
  • vedhsuthar
    For those who got the problem, did you tried installing turboC? Cause that's the most recent application I've installed.
    ⊂((・▽・))⊃