Sins windows 1903 update i have a big problem.

Lex63
Lex63 Member Posts: 49 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi

Earlier I reported that I had a major problem with the Windows10 1903 update. That my M.2 Samsung SSD is completely filled.

I found the problem. It is the temporary folder that be filled until the SSD is completely full.

I have installed the latest Samsung 960 EVO drivers.

What can I do about it?  Is Acer aware of this problem?

Until there is a solution, I will continue to work with the original Acer SSD.

Best Answer

• Lex63
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    That the SSD is full with stuff that is not the issue,  The temporary map was filled Through  data from the internet, with a high speed stream off 30 to 50 MB/s from Microsoft.

I made the temporary folder empty after some time the SSD was completely full again.  It was really an bug in the 1903 update.

Well after the re installation everything works good again.

Answers

• Lex63
    Acer notebook  Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-793G-77RA
    32GB Ram
    M.2 Samsung 960 EVO Nvme SSD.

• Lex63
    edited June 2019
    This problem is not easy to fix. It is an real bug caused by the 1903 windows 10 update. Today i have reinstalled windows 10 pro, with the recovery partition. I was looking how to do it, and found this YouTube video.

With in 35 minutes i have a fresh Windows installation. 

If you want simply reinstall Windows10 see this YouTube

Don't forget to copy all important files from C : to an other storage medium.

Disclaimer it is on own risk.

Lex A.Dam Netherlands

• Lex63
    After the re-installation i see that the 1903 update is still active. Fortunately, windows now work smoothly.

I like to install Dust Defender if there is een download gladly a link.

Lex
  • Hello! Have you tried to do a disk cleanup as an administrator?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lex63
    As you can read I have done this. I reinstalled the computer with the re-installation partition that windows creates during an installation.

No problems so far.

• No! I refer to this here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lex63
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    That the SSD is full with stuff that is not the issue,  The temporary map was filled Through  data from the internet, with a high speed stream off 30 to 50 MB/s from Microsoft.

I made the temporary folder empty after some time the SSD was completely full again.  It was really an bug in the 1903 update.

Well after the re installation everything works good again.

• Great my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lex63
    edited June 2019
    Great my friend!
    Thank you for you help.

I think that it is better that Acer users wait with the installation from big windows updates as the 1903 update, until all the bugs are know. 

The last major windows update has again caused many problems

I learned from this.