How can i enable 144 Ghz mode on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 laptop?

ProDexortie
ProDexortie Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2019 in Nitro Gaming
I bought my Acer Nitro 5 a day ago, in tech specs to it has a 1920x1080 144ghz monitor, but in Windows 10 i can enable only 60 ghz mode. In fact, when i'm enabling LCD Overdrive in Nitro Sense it recommends me to enable 144 ghz mode, but i dunno how to. There are the specs.

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    I have not been informed that this model has 144Hz support.
    Some models of this series have support, but this one in specific has not been identified.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    By testing, in FHD, your monitor only displays 60Hz frame and not 144Hz frame
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good Morning ProDexortie !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    Example: AN515-54-51M5

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• ProDexortie
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning ProDexortie !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    Example: AN515-54-51M5

Exact model is AN515-54-72J1
  • MaClane
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Some models of this series have support, but this one in specific has not been identified.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• ProDexortie
    So, how can i find it out? Or these facts prove that my model has no 144 ghz support?
  • MaClane

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• ProDexortie
    There are my results

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    By testing, in FHD, your monitor only displays 60Hz frame and not 144Hz frame

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Guto
    Guto Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hello i do have the same problem the specs on my nitro is the same cpu 16gb RAM 1660ti full specs: https://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/model/NH.Q5BEV.014.

If the laptop doenst support 144hz then its false advertising and ill ask refund and never touch acer products again because i bought mine in amazon and its says 144hz, in acer page its says 144hz (https://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/series/nitro5) so either in my case im doing something wrong (i still thinks the intraded vga has something to do it) or if its caped at 60hz i was deceived.

• MaClane
    Guto disse:
    Hello i do have the same problem the specs on my nitro is the same cpu 16gb RAM 1660ti full specs: https://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/model/NH.Q5BEV.014.

If the laptop doenst support 144hz then its false advertising and ill ask refund and never touch acer products again because i bought mine in amazon and its says 144hz, in acer page its says 144hz (https://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/series/nitro5) so either in my case im doing something wrong (i still thinks the intraded vga has something to do it) or if its caped at 60hz i was deceived.

What is the EXACT model of your laptop.
    Example: AN515-54-72B7

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• alextrep88
    alextrep88 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Mine is

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-58YY

Does it supports 144 hz ?
    I did the UFO test and atm I'm Capped at 60hz.
    What do i need to do to unloack 144hz ?

• MaClane
    Mine is Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-58YY
    Does it supports 144 hz ?
    I did the UFO test and atm I'm Capped at 60hz.
    What do i need to do to unloack 144hz ?

This model uses 1920x1080p and natively 60Hz FHD display.
    There is no "unlock".
    This screen only supports 60Hz and not 144hz base end frequency.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• 404rishabh
    404rishabh Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

MaClane said:

Can you please tell me if the an515-54-74yj model of nitro 5 has the 144hz display ? It would be really helpful, thank you !
  • MaClane
    Good evening 404rishabh !

To keep the forum organized and your question to have greater visibility, please avoid posting on topics already solved, opened by other users or inactive.
    Always open a new post, just as it was guided by the moderators.
    Put an @ in front of my name that I guide you there for any questions.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Turtle76
    Turtle76 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @MaClane i have an acer nitro 5. in that ailian thing I was capped at 60fps and 60hz. but in Fortnite and Minecraft i can get around 200 fps. i have the lowest priced nitro on the market.