Liquid Zest Plus T08 refuses to charge/not charging

natewu
natewu Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
So since the last time I have charged, the phone refused to charge while showing the CHARGING Icon, ok no big deal, I restart the phone and it suddenly decides to charge again.

But today, when I plugged in the phone it charges for EXACTLY 11 seconds and STOPs right after. I restart the phone, still same thing. Then I clean out the micro USB port and STILL SAME EXACT THING...
Then I thought, maybe it's the psu or the cable. I charge from my computer using same cable, same thing stops right after. Then I swap cables and STILL same thing stops right after.

Anybody know what is happening? Seems might not be a hardware problem because it stops RIGHT AT 11 seconds... not sure what it is, please help!

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @natewu,
    It can be the charging port issue. sometimes it becomes loose after getting connected or it can be the battery itself. Anyways its an hardware issue as you said. if its under the warranty contact the acer support. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • natewu
    christy1 said:
    Hi @natewu,
    It can be the charging port issue. sometimes it becomes loose after getting connected or it can be the battery itself. Anyways its an hardware issue as you said. if its under the warranty contact the acer support. 

Not under warranty anymore :( used for a few years and was my first smartphone, love it but I don't think anyplace here sells replacement parts... Neither is it still in warranty so can't contact support. 

Do you know what other things can be causing this?
  • christy1
    natewu said:
    christy1 said:
    Hi @natewu,

Not under warranty anymore :( used for a few years and was my first smartphone, love it but I don't think anyplace here sells replacement parts... Neither is it still in warranty so can't contact support. 

Contact the acer support and check with them for part partners numbers you might be lucky to get the parts sometimes from them.

• natewu
    edited June 2019
    christy1 said:
    natewu said:
    christy1 said:
    Hi @natewu,

Contact the acer support and check with them for part partners numbers you might be lucky to get the parts sometimes from them.

Ok ill see, I don't think there is a tutorial on opening this phone is there?

EDIT: just checked with support, apparently you need to have warranty or else you need to buy a plan... Probably more than this phone is worth today...
  • christy1
    natewu said:
    christy1 said:
    natewu said:
    christy1 said:
    Hi @natewu,

Ok ill see, I don't think there is a tutorial on opening this phone is there?

EDIT: just checked with support, apparently you need to have warranty or else you need to buy a plan... Probably more than this phone is worth today...

I think we have dealers here on this community. They might contact you by seeing these posts. We will wait for it. Good Luck. 
  • Kev0806
    Kev0806 Member, Parts Partner Posts: 89 Authorized Parts Partner
    @natewu
    Hey Nate, 
    We might be able to help you find what you need part wise, and likely help either walk you through the repair or find you an online tutorial. Give us a call or message us from our website. www.sourceitstore.ca 

Talk soon, 
    Kevin Joss
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303
  • natewu
    @Kev0806 Ok man
  • christy1
    @natewu,

Good that you got the contact. All the best.
  • grockle
    grockle Member Posts: 3 New User
    Since a couple of days I have also been having the same problem, the device shows it is charging when you plug the cable in but the battery is not getting charged. I've tried different cables and chargers, no change, then suddenly it started charging again but slowly, I left it to continue charging overnight, then the device scheduled shutdown cut in and restarted it a few hours later and when I looked in the morning it was no longer charging. I have done a reset, wiped the system cache. But somehow I think it might be a battery software control problem and not hardware. Although this is not my main phone it often serves as a data hotspot with the different data SIM cards I travel with. I love the phone primarily for this service, battery and it is an important backup should anything go wrong with my main phone.
    Any ideas along this line. 
  • natewu
    grockle said:
    Since a couple of days I have also been having the same problem, the device shows it is charging when you plug the cable in but the battery is not getting charged. I've tried different cables and chargers, no change, then suddenly it started charging again but slowly, I left it to continue charging overnight, then the device scheduled shutdown cut in and restarted it a few hours later and when I looked in the morning it was no longer charging. I have done a reset, wiped the system cache. But somehow I think it might be a battery software control problem and not hardware. Although this is not my main phone it often serves as a data hotspot with the different data SIM cards I travel with. I love the phone primarily for this service, battery and it is an important backup should anything go wrong with my main phone.
    Any ideas along this line. 
    No idea man, I kinda just gave up and bought another budget phone.

This phone was great, lasted me about 2 years.